Nearly done

It will come out in another month or so.. VALVe cannot produce on time..

Why can't they ever hit a date on time. But, I still can't wait. Damn. I wish it was out today. :(

Vourdex said:
Why can't they ever hit a date on time. But, I still can't wait. Damn. I wish it was out today. :(
Valve said they'd like to have it out by today, it was not an official release date in any sense of the term.

Good find.

VALVe has lied pretty much about EVERYTHING. Everything they put a date to comes out like 10 months later. They need to figure out a reasonable date to release their product.

Shamrock said:
VALVe has lied pretty much about EVERYTHING. Everything they put a date to comes out like 10 months later. They need to figure out a reasonable date to release their product.

They haven't given a release date for DoD:S, LC, or AM.....Not seeing how they are lying about that stuff.......

They haven't given a release date for DoD:S, LC, or AM.....Not seeing how they are lying about that stuff.......

Dude ok, valve employees havent officially said any official shit..but the have blabbed on and on every month about release dates.I say they keep their ****ing mouths shut unless they know its a release.

Stop defending these blabbering idiots. The know what they need to do, stay quiet untill they know their shit.

Anyways, if they are lying and the game comes out 10 months later, well, you know the game comes out 10 months later, at the release date day.

They haven't given any release dates.
So stop defending a pointless reason that isn't even true.
They have kept their mouths shut, but gamers want to know, so they try to give them an estimated guess, an educated guess at that.
It isn't easy making a game.

jdufault said:
Stop defending these blabbering idiots. The know what they need to do, stay quiet untill they know their shit.

No they like seeing little kids like you call them idiots. They probably have a great laugh at how ignorant you are.

Fact is, go make a game or shut the **** up.

I wish they'd never release it just to piss off the people who are like, "OMFG THEY SAID IT'D BE OUT TODAY WTF! VALVE ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS OMFG I HOPE THEY DIE!"

jdufault said:
Dude ok, valve employees havent officially said any official shit..but the have blabbed on and on every month about release dates.I say they keep their ****ing mouths shut unless they know its a release.
They didn't talk about release dates, they said 'we've been working on this, and should be done soon' 'nearly finished' etc. No DATES, just vague statements, why? Well its called 'steam update news' which the purpose of is to keep us updated on the general progress.

Valve have been working through, and not promised anything they couldn't. They are working on DOD Source AND Lost Coast, AND Halfllife aftermath, and possibly the framework for the sequel HL3. They are doing alot, and your getting pissed because...they are telling you they are still working on them. Get a grip.

jdufault said:

Those "blabbering idiots" spend their time trying to make games for you, show them some respect for gods sake!

Wow guys, did you even read my post?

These Valve guys are throwing dates at us, that they know arent true.

Why are you guys supporting them? Honestly, lie to me once its ok. Lie to me continuely for different release dates, and your customers gonna get pissed off.

Imagin that?

When we hear from game developers, we beleive them, im sorry, but dont they work for the company?

So when an employee tells us a date, we expect its an educated and well confirmed date. Valve seems to do the complete opposite, and let their employees spew uninformed release dates onto the net.

I have see so many release date "predictions" that im just so sick of valve's constant BS. You guys just sit back and take it. With fans like you guys, valve wont ever change for the better. You will keep taking their shit, until valve goes belly up.

Thanks guys!

EDIT:
I just need to comment this:

No they like seeing little kids like you call them idiots. They probably have a great laugh at how ignorant you are.

Fact is, go make a game or shut the **** up.

First of all im 17, not a "little kid". Talk about being ignorant disturbed.

Fact is, I see plenty of developers make games, and not totally **** up by spewing false release dates all over the net.

I wish they'd never release it just to piss off the people who are like, "OMFG THEY SAID IT'D BE OUT TODAY WTF! VALVE ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS OMFG I HOPE THEY DIE!"

Hey, that looked like my post!

jdufault said:
First of all im 17, not a "little kid". Talk about being ignorant disturbed.

Fact is, I see plenty of developers make games, and not totally **** up by spewing false release dates all over the net.

Yes you are still a kid, just because you're 17 doesn't mean you're not one. Ignorant I think not, you wish though.

Oh you see plenty of developers eh? Would that be the ones working on consoles? Because lately PC game developers miss dates because of unsuspected things. VALVe never gave a hard release date, they said in an area. The only thing that has had a release date is HL2, and we all know what happened, all people that complain about the dates bring that up.

Go outside get a life if it makes you angry so much they miss a "release date" or are too slow. Because you aren't helping to the situation one bit.

Yes you are still a kid, just because you're 17 doesn't mean you're not one. Ignorant I think not, you wish though.

Oh you see plenty of developers eh? Would that be the ones working on consoles? Because lately PC game developers miss dates because of unsuspected things. VALVe never gave a hard release date, they said in an area. The only thing that has had a release date is HL2, and we all know what happened, all people that complain about the dates bring that up.

Go outside get a life if it makes you angry so much they miss a "release date" or are too slow. Because you aren't helping to the situation one bit.

hahahaha. ok chief.

jdufault said:
Hey, that looked like my post!
Hold on, no it didn't you're exactly like the person he's quoting!

I mean, personally, I haven't listened to a single given release date so far, it comes out when it comes out, I have other things to do till then, and you're there bitching about them releasing false dates!

well, not to defend the "ignorant" people, but the game has been under "coming soon" for the better part of a year and it is extremelly misleading especialy to thse people who pretty much purchased HL2 for DOD:S. I know how hard it is to get it finished and what not, but telling the public that its coming out soon or throwing out a release date with no realistic idea if it will make it just gives peoples hopes up.

But who cares, wont be too much longer.....

Thanks TVGuy, you put it in better words than me....

probobly because i have been following dod since day 1, and have seen valve repeatedly throw these "release predictions" out left and right. Since last year.

The thing with Valve is that they give out possible or 'aimed for' release dates because they are trying to keep the community informed, and be friendly and not just a faceless company. That is a good thing.

The problem arises when people take these dates as official, and get disappointed when the game does not materialise.

So basically, it would be nice if Valve would realise that anything they say will be taken down and used against them, but they are only trying to keep their fans informed. Just don't get your hopes up so much over a 'possible' release date.

thats true, but they can still keep us informed by maybe saying "september" and not a specific date.........

well the new steam update just announced that it would be released "this month"

so there ya go.

No, read carefully, they said they are "confident it will be released this month".

That means next month, or later.

Im not falling for it again.

Back