Netflix CEO has no idea why people use Netflix in the first place

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.avclub.com/articles/netflix-wants-to-abandon-this-whole-netflix-thing,70121/

Continuing a trajectory that will make a fascinating cautionary example for some future business class, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings has made explicit his intentions to transform his company from a once-powerful titan of a unique industry into an ordinary cable channel, saying it was Netflix’s “natural direction” to be bundled in an ordinary cable package someday and provide an ordinary sampling of cable offerings.

Edit: Shit. This is a spin-off site of the Onion isn't it? Ok this thread is now about how I'm an idiot.

Well this thread can be about how both I and Reed Hastings are idiots.

This guy is a clear example of a "dinosaur" in charge of a modern company. Streaming whatever shows you want is the tv business model of the future, not "copying HBO".

I don't think the AV Club is ever satire, but it's always sarcastic. Like the last line, which made me lol

“And to satisfy customers confused by the whole notion of ‘on-demand streaming,’ we feel it's our natural direction to revise our service to play movies and TV shows only according to a programming schedule,” Hastings added at a press conference approximately a year from now.

Anyway what a ****ing retard.

I'd kill for a service like Netflix here that allows me to stream the stuff I want to watch without having to bother with torrents or having to store the files on my PC. Literally, I'd kill for it. Give me a toddler and I'll strangle it. I would strangle it good.

Back