New Boss Infected?

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
nghgwx1.jpg

Made by the same artist who made the others. Hopefully he has some psychic powers and is DLC in the future.

Want. I expect more bosses will be added, but can't say for this one specifically.

Personally I'd rather have a them do more campaigns as they update it but new boss infected would not hurt.

Anyone played as the infected yet?

Do you get to choose your class?

I'd like a guy with really long claws who can stick to walls and crawl all over them and even hang from the ceiling. That'd be awesome.

How come every other preview for Versus states the director chooses your class.

I'm trying to think of what powers Mr. Crazy might have, but I seem to be grasping at straws.

Well, it might be a version of a Boomer, because his scream may call other zombies.

You know what would be awsome, if he had telekinesis like Stalkers poltergeist, random barrels and other junk smacking you upside the head.

More infected is a necessity. While being a campaign-based game, it's still an online multiplayer game.

Some more info on him: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749918

He is called the "Screamer" from his file. So I guess his special attack is to deafen the Survivors so they don't know where they might be attacked from!

Some files associated with him are:
z_deafen_radius_one : 100 : , "sv", "cheat" :
z_deafen_radius_three : 200 : , "sv", "cheat" :
z_deafen_radius_two : 150 : , "sv", "cheat" :

They also have the witch:
witch.jpg

Also, go into \Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\sound\commentary\

there is a commentary file called com_thescreamer

So we will find out more on probably why he was scraped, or if he is coming in future DLC or what-not.

Im gonna put my money on it being somthing they tried, but pehaps being deafened was more annoying than fun, so it was put into the giant "We will find a place for it later" bin.

You know what would be cool? If there was a boss who had psychic powers and could take temporary control over one of the survivors and friendly fire your team.

You know what would be really annoying? ^that.

I think that the Screamer was the original Boomer concept, calling the horde to wherever the survivors were, but the boomer seemed better for some reason...

Maybe The Screamer could cause the player's senses altogether to become worse, as in sight, hearing, and movement.

Not to completely nullify them, but make it harder to see and hear and move while he's screaming, which could last up to 10 seconds, also calling the horde. Then again, that's basically what the boomer does, except less disgusting, therefor less fun.

I like the fact he's in a straight jacket. The only way he'll be able to do any damage would be to give one of the survivors a glasgow kiss.

Looks great!

I'm pretty sure I've seen this guy before, thinking about it...

I'd like a guy with really long claws who can stick to walls and crawl all over them and even hang from the ceiling. That'd be awesome.

I think they should allow the hunter to do that. It would allow the hunter to reach and attack from places that the other infected cant. also you see the Hunter jumping along the walls in one of the trailers. and as far as I know the hunter can't do that in the game.... but it should.

I think they should allow the hunter to do that. It would allow the hunter to reach and attack from places that the other infected cant. also you see the Hunter jumping along the walls in one of the trailers. and as far as I know the hunter can't do that in the game.... but it should.

When I walked out of the apartment and into the alleyway, I've seen the Hunter hang from the fire exit stairs near the police car. But that was a one time thing.

Also, does anyone know what program you use to view these files? I'd like to see for myself these photos of the "Screamer."

You know what would be really annoying? ^that.

Lol, agreed.

In all honesty, I don't like the idea of an infected having psychic powers, but if this were the case, I think the most interesting "psychic power" he could have would be some sort of very powerful, but very seldom ability to teleport each of the survivors to different parts of of the map, separating them.

But once again, I still think any psychic powers sound stupid for an infected.

I was thinking of a zombie that would burn you with acid if it touched you and hurt you over time.

But thats just me...

Some sort of psychic blast which temporarily incapacitated you?

But that's just like the 'screamer'.

all the zombies at the moment dont seem to have anything not-human[eg psychic powers] all the zombies at the moment are within reason and not so much out of what is humanly possible.

Lol, agreed.

In all honesty, I don't like the idea of an infected having psychic powers, but if this were the case, I think the most interesting "psychic power" he could have would be some sort of very powerful, but very seldom ability to teleport each of the survivors to different parts of of the map, separating them.

But once again, I still think any psychic powers sound stupid for an infected.

Or maybe he could have some sort of power like Alma from F.E.A.R. where he flips the person up in the air and bangs them on the walls and shit... It is just a game after all, and fun comes first in a game, I think it would make the game interesting and challenging to implement something like this. Also, while the person is being flung around, it's sort of like being pinned, and the rest of the team has to break the "screamer's" concentration to get their friend down. While the person is in the air, which could be on any part of the map, they can be flown to a spot with a ton of infected where they could be ripped to shreds, though it would seem unfair, this boss could also be like the witch, mourning in the corner with a pounding headache, and gets really pissed off if you confront it... Flinging you into walls with insane force.

Then again, I could be wrong and it could be a totally annoying feature to put in a game.

He's supposed to be annoying.

*put a straight face smilie here*

And I don't intend to read anything else in your posts.

all the zombies at the moment dont seem to have anything not-human[eg psychic powers] all the zombies at the moment are within reason and not so much out of what is humanly possible.
One word: Smoker.

It could do something along the lines of Gravemind from Halo, when its around, your screen gets distorted and you slow down till you kill it.

Maybe his power could messing with your controls...

Like, if he attacks you, your controls are reversed temporarily.

Or if two or more people get attacked, you gain control of their player but still view the game through your own characters point of view.

Maybe his power could messing with your controls...

Like, if he attacks you, your controls are reversed temporarily.

Or if two or more people get attacked, you gain control of their player but still view the game through your own characters point of view.
No, no and no. This is not World of Warcraft.

Zombieturtle explained it better.

The Smoker: I have a feeling that the Smoker's Tongue is actually a mutation of it's intestinal track, which explains it's length and texture.
The smoke is a more obvious explanation, like an octopus releasing ink when attacked or in danger so it can cloak itself.

that concept art for the screamer is fantastic.....i would love to see a zombie in a straight jacket

Obviously you have never even played world of warcraft because that sort of thing never happens.
I haven't, but I know such a thing doesn't happen. Just generalising that bad concept means World of Warcraft. A rather weak one though, I'll admit.

From the 411 forums refering to the Screamer comment in the Developer Commentary:

"The Screamer was a boss zombie who didn't have any actual attacks; he was bound in a straightjacket. You knew when he was around because of his crazed, maniacal cackling. The trick to the Screamer was that if he saw you, you had a moment to kill him before he ran away. Once the Screamer got away from the Survivors to a hiding place, he would emit a loud howling scream that would cause a huge mob of zombies to attack the Survivors. While there were several exciting moments of knowing you had to chase him down to shoot him before he screamed, dodging zombies all the way, ultimately it proved too confusing for Survivors to discover how he worked, or even to reliably notice him in the crowd. He was cut, and his horde-drawing attack eventually evolved into the Boomer attack."

Back