New CT models coming soon

Hey the Seal Model is right next to it! Does this mean we can choose models again just like in CS original?

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Hey the Seal Model is right next to it! Does this mean we can choose models again just like in CS original?

Yeah.

By the way, why is the smoke orange in the second picture?

The orange is from a gun shooting in the smoke, it's been there forever :p

and yay for model selection \o/

Lets hope they don't put too many though. I (along with others) had problems recognizing teamates in FF servers and some of the models in 1.6 were just ugly.

i don't like this. CT models should all be the same. How often do you hear about british SAS and navy seals working together to take out terrorists in chicago?

now terrorist models should be different, because different terrorist groups work together, and they don't have set uniforms. they need to quit working backwards and make this game more realistic.

Sheikah42 said:
i don't like this. CT models should all be the same. How often do you hear about british SAS and navy seals working together to take out terrorists in chicago?

now terrorist models should be different, because different terrorist groups work together, and they don't have set uniforms. they need to quit working backwards and make this game more realistic.

I always had a problem with people that choose the Artic Avenger model for dust/desert maps and people who choose the Guerilla model for snow maps.

Anyone else think that CT model looks really really good?

DoctorWeeTodd said:
I always had a problem with people that choose the Artic Avenger model for dust/desert maps and people who choose the Guerilla model for snow maps.
Lol I always either choose arctic avenger or SAS. I don't care which map I just do.

What I think is they should either make it map specific (no doubt mani-admin would though) or make it all clientside. So the skin you choose will appear on all your team mates too.

dekstar said:
What I think is they should either make it map specific
I agree. They should of done this in the original. Would of made things interesting.

I'm glad they're finally making multiple models per team an option. I hope they get 4 models per team eventually like 1.6. It's a lot more interesting playing with different player models. I don't really mind the realistic aspect of having a British SAS with a Navy seal, or arctic players on dust. It is just a game after all, and I think it was fun having all the options we had in 1.6.

Sheikah42 said:

How often do you hear about secret military operations? Never. Kthx

Hopefully they continue to update the selection to where you can actually chose which player model you wish to play as..... Good ol' 1.6 days :p

well what i mean is -

if they don't have map specific skins like someone else mentioned in this thread, they should have variation for each skin. for instance, give navy seal guys with gas masks that will look different (and resemble the sas)

or they can all be british sas and make british guys that look like navy seals without the gas masks. they should also have random facial hair, different skin colors, etc. i can't imagine this being THAT hard to do. i mean the game is great, great engine, great level designs, etc.

they should work out little details in the game like this and then it would really kick ass.

now as for terrorrists, we can just say screw the ghetto arctic uniforms. just make more realistic looking terrorrists. how hard can that be? make guys with ripped up pants. ski hats with a backwards nike swoosh on them, or guys without ski hats period, etc. They can also add scratches, bruises, scabs on the models to make it even better.

i don't see why developers never take the time to do these simple things that would make the game even better.

they should ALSO change some of the first person skins. Last time i checked, CT sleeves ARE NOT ROLLED UP. but when my guy is holding a gun his sleeves are rolled up. ALSO i never use a silencer on my "maverick" or whatever it's called now, but when other people view me, my gun has a silencer attached. I mean how hard can these things be to fix?

they should also put the REAL gun names. like ak-47 and desert eagle rather than cv-47 and night hawk or whatever it's called. i'm sure they could afford it...

OR we can screw these innovations and just go back to the late 90's and continue the same boring pattern like in the original CS, which seems to be what the developers of this game are doing

i mean come on it's almost the year 2006! we don't have the technology to make CS more interesting than what it was in back in '99!

Seriously, why is it almost a year later that we are just getting these things. Wow, one new model after a year... :rolleyes: Thanks valve. You've been working on this port for more than 2 years and don't have even a quater of the official content from cs 1.0. :|

Am I the only one that thought we would be getting completely new content by now, like new weapons or gameplay additions?.. I mean they have an entire team devoted to CS don't they? Are they just sitting around jerking each other off all day long?

And why the hell aren't the physics as good as even HLDM, there certainly isn't even as much going on in this game than that one, and the physics objects actually hinder the gameplay the way they are now. Meh, these problems are just pissing me off I guess.. Oh well, nothing I can do but bitch about it.

How come they havent posted this as news? I expected this preview to be slapped on the website's mainpage.

BeaverMon said:
I agree. They should of done this in the original. Would of made things interesting.
i agree, this is a good idea.

i want T skin now. i like to mix it up alot. im a pure T becuz i play on assault all the time and u could see me on compound awhile which are both t maps.

i really dont need any new models bacause having these 2 terrible ones is more than enough.

ur an idiot. SAS was like the BEST skin to choose from 1.6 and it's comin to source hooray.:smoking:

just one new model? :(
i was hoping for a couple for both T and CT.
guess i was getting greedy there.

btw anyone notice the line at the bottom? "new game coming to Steam" ? :D
wonder what that could be :)

Back