New Here

Cheomesh

Reaction score
I just joined your forum today!

I am a long time fan of both HL1 and 2, as well as all the expantions (except I never played Blue Shift...). I'd been considering doing a mod to help suppliment my C++ classes in college, and I decided the best way to get get around to it is to let myself be seen in the community.

Looking forward to discussing things here!

M.

Welcome welcome to HL2.net, it's safer here. You are a coder then? I assure you there is quite a demand for your skills within the mod community, you should have no problem in finding a mod team out there. Check out some of the big mods websites for recruitment opportunities.

All the best in the HL community world. Just don't drink the water...

I just joined your forum today!

I am a long time fan of both HL1 and 2, as well as all the expantions (except I never played Blue Shift...). I'd been considering doing a mod to help suppliment my C++ classes in college, and I decided the best way to get get around to it is to let myself be seen in the community.

Looking forward to discussing things here!

M.

Fosheezy ma neezy. :thumbs:

Yeah, I'd fall into "coder", though I'm only beginning my second semester of C++ this fall.

Lucky(ish) for me two of my courses are online so I'm not at the campus much.

As for finding a mod team, I considered just joining one but I'd like to make my own. Down side is to pull this off I'd actually need modelers, skinners, and animators.

The mod is a bit off in the future, though, as I'm actually making a mod of a mod for BF2 (Hopefully...having issues) called Project Reality. I'm trying to add a faction in for them that recycles 99% of the stuff they already have in the game.

M.

It's always a lot easier to find people for your team if you're the coder. Modelers, skinners, and mappers are fairly common, while coders are not. If you have a good idea you'll get people.

And welcome to the forums. There may or may not be cake in the lobby.

Hello there! Here's some water and a couple headcrab-shaped cookies, courtesy of HL2.net.

Woot, cookies!

I am also a proud owner of a plushy headcrab. Missed out on the hat, though :/

M.

I own the plush headcrab to.
Don't signiture your posts, its a little creepy.
And welcome, It's not all that safe here.

I like-ah you!
Finally a new person who doesn't automatically make me hate them.
Win.

<insert funny picture>

What makes you auto-hate?

And as par request, I will not put M after my stuff anymore.

What makes you auto-hate?

And as par request, I will not put M after my stuff anymore.

People who do not have a sense of humour, and think its riduculous to talk about the G-man's shaving method.

Join a mod instead.

I'm afraid that is a 10 point racism infraction. So nearly the perfect new member, ah well!

*confused*

I assure you, I'm pretty pure human -- no Combine here...

Back