New left4dead2 weapon unvieled

Nice find there, xdrive. I've always wanted to use a cricket bat to smash in some zombie skulls.

Damn you Valve, i wasn't interested before but being able to bash some Aussie skulls in who can resist.

Looks fun! L4D2 playtest just finished in London but there are more planned and hopefully the bat will be included in later builds.

Just spoke with Chet about it:

Chet: Yep, we will be bringing l4d2 to london a few more times this year including some public showings
Hectic Glenn: Any ideas of roughly when?
Chet: not sure when exactly or where it will be, talking with some people
I'll be there this time!

Looks fun! L4D2 playtest just finished in London but there are more planned and hopefully the bat will be included in later builds.

Just spoke with Chet about it:

I'll be there this time!

I wasn't aware of valve doing playtests in london etc, do they do them anywhere else in the world?

P.S also with that picture, they could of atleast got the aussies cricket t-shirt the correct colour, :p

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/ecom/rebel/artwork/product_images/large/1574000200079000.jpg

and since when did the survivor get a cap with the english flag?

I've edited to only show words I understand-

UK, July 7, 2009 - Valve has lifted the lid on a brand new melee weapon for Left 4 Dead 2, just in time for tomorrow's . The zombie- newcomer is a cricket bat, which players will be able to weild viciously and knock the undead . Will it be effective? Who knows because Valve is keeping further details under wraps, but the prospect of is certainly something we cannot wait to see.

If the idea of isn't enough to get your blood pulsing, check out the picture of the cricket bat in action below. ??.

How i hope that we get knives, i like knives, carving knives, butterfly knives, i love them all. If not, i guess the Axe will do...

How i hope that we get knives, i like knives, carving knives, butterfly knives, i love them all. If not, i guess the Axe will do...

In comparison to the other weapons revealed so far, knives are much slower.

I still want a shovel, though.

Dual knifes, like El wray's in the hospital scene in Planet terror, thats the way :D

And please tell me we will never ever ever ever ever see a freaking drop system in the L4D Franchices

There should be a wooden plant with a nail in it...

"He's got a board! WITH A NAIL IN IT!"

A set of records could be effective.

Ok, why is there a cricket bat and so much reference to cricket. I don't think anyone in the American South can comprehends that sport. This is why baseball was invented innovated.

I think it's a reference to Shawn of The Dead. As zombie movies go, that is the best I have ever seen.

I like Shaun of the Dead as much as the next guy, but it's a parody and you should probably go see more zombie movies if that's the best you've seen.

I like Shaun of the Dead as much as the next guy, but it's a parody and you should probably go see more zombie movies if that's the best you've seen.

it was the only one I've ever seen that wasn't horribly cliche.

What? It's supposed to be incredibly cliche, it's a parody. WHY DIDN'T YOU SEE THE CLICHES?!

I think for the fact that it was so ridiculous I didn't notice too much.

But that's because every zombie movie is so ridiculous! You are unlogical!

Heh, interesting new weapons. Nice to see more melee combat, rather than just pushing zombies away by swinging your gun around.

Back