New Maps..

riTuaL

Reaction score
After watching the German video on CS:Source I started thinking alot about new maps for CS:S. I always liked the idea of big expansive maps, like in the jungle, or realistic large urban maps. I think of movies like Black Hawk Down and how awesome a map like that could be..

But, with the seriousness of the invite level of the Counter-Strike community, can you see any official maps being released that are bigger than normal (normal being the current size we have now)? I mean, gameplay would be changed a great deal. Also, with bigger maps come more problems like combat. I am really not a fan of the Battlefield series because of vehicles. I like infantry combat more than anything. If larger maps were to be created, vehicles would almost become necessary and infantry combat would in-turn become less and less common.

I would no doubt love some big maps that feature jungle combat and some realistic urban combat (MOUT) but how could the developers achieve this without completely altering the feel and gameplay of the classic Counter-Strike?

hey....@flash and watching your location i got a n1 idea. "de_bronx" :D

de_analexplorers prevent the evil terrorist to blow up the left buttcheek :D:D

I think a huge urban map would be awesome.

Just think. . . knock out windows, snipe from all floors, run through the streets wildly, . . .

whilst i think that these would be great, and a refreshing change, and i'm sure maps nearly to the limit of source will be made, they will be insanely difficult to pull off right, and there will no doubt be campers waiting for 30mins before thewyre found spoiling things for everyone else.

also, run speed would need ot be faster, and weapons more accurate to work over longer range.

pink floyd - money

That's what I'm saying. Gameplay would be seriously effected if maps like this were created. That's why I'm wondering if they will make maps like this for Counter-Strike. It is very likely other mods/new mods may take advantage of the new ability of source to create huge maps, but will Counter-Strike? I'm not sure.

Back