New Mod (Based on Adrian Sheppard): help needed

HawkeyE|87

Reaction score
New Mod (Based on Adrian Shephard): help needed

*Do note that I know I typoed his name in the thread title, but I guess I can't fix it.

Hey guys, I am looking for a modeller, coder, and animator (or some combination of the three) to work on a new Single Player Half-Life-series-based game for source.

I am a former level designer for a long-since defunct multi-player mod called Price of Peace (WWII) multi-player, which started as a mod for Enemy Territory and later HL2. I am now planning a completely new single player game based on the Half Life series and using the Half Life engine with it centered around the character of Adrian Sheppard, but in a completely new locale and set before Half-Life 2 story line. I've established a good deal of the story line and a decent amount of the game-play, but it is still in a very flexible state. I'm not going to divulge anymore of it in this ad, but, if hired, I'll be fully open to sharing everything with the rest of the mod's staff.

I'm not really looking for level designers, as I can fill that role and I still have contacts from the Price of Peace that may be interested in this project. That being said, applying for one won't hurt, and if you do good work, I might change my mind. I will also be speaking with former PoP members and see if I can get any of them to fill these positions, so please do apply A.S.A.P. if you're interested. I honestly thought-up the mod this morning and have been going to town on it. As of right now I am hoping to release the mod in two-three installments (excluding alphas/betas) in a fashion that will not hurt the story-line so that our work can get out there and be appreciated as quickly as possible, while creating a sense of suspense for the fan-base. I'm highly motivated and want to get this off the ground running.

The requirements are that I must see some (completed) work that you have done and that work must meet the visual requirements that I am expecting out of this modification.

To apply, send me an e-mail at [email protected], PM me here or contact me on steam. My information is on my profile, but my steam name is greciandelight, just in case you can't find it.

ETA: I added some more information about the mod here.

Thank you for your time,
George

I'd also like to add concept artist to the help wanted list.

Hi, like I've had this idea right and need some help to get it off the ground.

Right, your like this, space guy right, just like master chief but mixed with gordan freeman but your on this planet fighting aliens right but also half the game will be in the middle east. To make it original we will have real life guns so M9, Desert Eagle and M16 but it will also be like WoW because then people will play it and we will be famous.

My job on the mod is to come up with ideas but I'm also the leader so I'll do posts on moddb.

What the team of just me needs right now is -

-Games Director - Good organization experience
-Audio Engineer
-Audio Coder
-Physics Coder
-2 Game-Play Coders proficient in C++ and C#
-2 Rendering Coders proficient in C++ and C# and have advanced understanding of lighting techniques and shader creation
-Animation Coder
-Online team Coder
-Code Lead
-2 Character Artists - Good knowledge in zbrush, max or maya and photoshop
-4 Weapon Artists - Good knowledge high poly work flow in max or maya
-8 Environment Artists - Knowledge of Hammer Map editor, good understanding of next gen texturing techniques
-1 Weapons Animator - We are gunna have loads of guns LAWLZ
-2 Character Animators - Good knowledge of rigging/animation in max or maya
-2 Writers - Some previous experience in writing story's for mods would be great
-1 Character concept artist - Great portfolio with aliens + human designs
-1 Environment Concept artist - Great Env portfolio is a must!
-2 Web Developers - Just to help get our website up online and running so we can update with weekly screen shots of untextured weapons.

If you want to apply for any of these positions please PM HawkeyE|87. This game is going to be better the CS:S and TF2 so get on the win train and be part of the action!

Oh wooh this idea sounds like the bested! I'd love to sign up. I can do both weapon modeling but only have milkshape3D and I cannot texture or UV so someone else can do that. But I can also do really great concept work.

Here is an example of my weapon modeling and concept work.

This one is an M9, which is great because thats already something ticked off and half the game already complete!
2n8r242.jpg

This one is a scene from Afghanistan! The Americans are bombing the Arabs! HAHA
2uhrgg6.jpg

Fanks for taking da time to look at my work, Hope you like it and let me help. It will look really good on my CV because one day I want to be a games tester at VALVE HarrrHE!

Did you really spend 25 minutes in between those two posts to make the second post? Seems like a lot of effort for a troll. You should try even harder next time; it needs more of a WoW feel for you to get famous as a troll.

We can easy add more trolls into the concept's later on if you need it? Sorry boss didn't realise we needed more trolls then Afgans.

Is this any better?

2yv0y68.jpg

Yes, much better. Now you can appeal to a much larger troll-base.

Here is a quick concept of the main character. So the idea is sheppard is normal on the right. But then when you get angry or something then you transform into the one on the left. You are able to pick up and throw helicopters like chicken drumsticks! LOL!

30lyv5y.jpg

wow stormy your modeling and concept work has really improved :D

Thanks shinobi, I've been working hard with any spare time. So glad its paying off. Do you have any skills to offer? We need all the help we can get lol!

I hope someday I can make mods as good as you Stormy!!!!!!

Back