New Steam (Sept 16th release)

Phlek

Reaction score
From PHL:

New Steam Installers Released
Jess "Cliffe" Cliffe from Valve sends word that those new installers for Steam are here, and they're huge. He'll be providing a list of mirrors on Counter-Strike.net (and the Steam site will be updated as well).

These include installers for DMC, DOD, HL, OPFOR, Ricochet, TFC, and a 723 meg full install with everything. Download these files a la carte or with the full version depending on which game you play.

Here we go...

Download Steam Installer - Full Cache (Everything!) [Win32] (723.4 MB)
Download Steam Installer - Half-Life [Win32] (211.6 MB)
Download Steam Installer - Day of Defeat [Win32] (396.2 MB)
Download Steam Installer - Opposing Force [Win32] (289.8 MB)
Download Steam Installer - Team Fortress Classic [Win32] (272.3 MB)
Download Steam Installer - Deathmatch Classic [Win32] (23.7 MB)
Download Steam Installer - Ricochet [Win32] (15.5 MB)

And of course there's the previously released HL\Counter-Strike 1.6 cache.

Nice. Can you get these and just add them onto your current STEAM, or do you need to reinstall?

Originally posted by Fuzzy
Nice. Can you get these and just add them onto your current STEAM, or do you need to reinstall?

I'm not quite sure yet. I'm still in line for another 10 minutes before I even start downloading. I'm just going to completely uninstall Steam and then install the version with the full cache.

Originally posted by Fuzzy

no.

it's an exe which runs an installer. well i mean i suppose you could run it and get it to extract the files to a temp dir, and then copy them and just cancel the install....

Yeah i spose, its just that i finally got it working perfectly for CS+HL and i dont wanna screw with it. BUt i would like to play some TFC or DOD:p

It install's the files to the proper directory in steam... There is no need to reinstall the whole steam client.

Better off just going for the full cache. Big time saver.

They don't update from Steam. You have to download and install them.

Will start finding the files elsewhere and will post when successful.

Edit: Unless somebody beats me to it.

so if i have the hl/cs1.6 steam cache downloaded and installed can i download the DoD files and just load them into my steam somehow without full reinstall and stuff?

-merc

Originally posted by merc
so if i have the hl/cs1.6 steam cache downloaded and installed can i download the DoD files and just load them into my steam somehow without full reinstall and stuff?

-merc

Yes, just install like a normal program.

Ya merc they didn't really express anything on that issue. No one is going to know which one to download. But I'm guessing that you can do that.

Back