New weapons?

vortigaunts dont realy have tech, they got realy powerful arms and some kinda eletric attack (not sure what its called). I think its the Xen army guys you meet in Opposing Force that have the xen tech (those big one eyed shock trooper guys).
Those weren't Xen. They were aliens called Race X that Gearbox made up for Op4. I'm positive the Vorts have something else up their sleeves besides wisdom and zappyness..

like a green gravitygun with green lightning bults.?

You all make Gordon cry, I'll have you know.

a green gravity gun......? well if the vorts realy did have anything else up thier sleeves, then im sure it will probably be something realy big like a domesticated xen beast or maybe some kinda vorty like armor that they can morph from thier skin, that would be awsome. O yeah and thanks for reminding me TollBooth Willie i had a blank when i was writing about Race X.

It needs something more badass. Like the chemical thrower from Bioshock, which in turn was like the Gluon Gun. The Tau Cannon would suffice, but something like the original, not the hunk of crap on the buggy. It doesn't have to be something you get through the whole game, just something to use in a big strider fight or something.

A mini-nuke for the RPG.

I'd take the M2 from Op4. That stoked.

And yes please to the sniper rifle, like the combine one.

maybe a weapon from Aperture can be discovered on the Borealis. Anyone remember that secret Portal Grenade affect that could be accessed through the console in Ep1? Maybe a gun discovered on the Borealis can do something like that.

No i cant be bassed of of anything already made, needs to be something totaly new so then you can have the satification of saying "Wow this is totaly new i love this shit!!!", instaed of saying "Hey theres the shotgun from CS:S only with green bullets" or "Hey isnt that a Bioshock weapon!?". I dont know about you guys but i want to say "Holy shit did you gest see that vort ripe that combine in half with that new kickass ability/weapon:sniper::sniper::sniper:!! Holy Shit"

who dosnt, apart shotguns, gernade launchers, flamethrowers and rocket launchers are the best weapons ever created!

No i cant be bassed of of anything already made, needs to be something totaly new so then you can have the satification of saying "Wow this is totaly new i love this shit!!!", instaed of saying "Hey theres the shotgun from CS:S only with green bullets" or "Hey isnt that a Bioshock weapon!?". I dont know about you guys but i want to say "Holy shit did you gest see that vort ripe that combine in half with that new kickass ability/weapon:sniper::sniper::sniper:!! Holy Shit"

yeah but the only way to see the effect of the "portal granade" I was talking about would be through the console and there wasn't even a model for it. It just spawned a rollermine that rolled towards the enemy and sucked them all into a portal. Not a lot of people knew about it.

yeah but the only way to see the effect of the "portal granade" I was talking about would be through the console and there wasn't even a model for it. It just spawned a rollermine that rolled towards the enemy and sucked them all into a portal. Not a lot of people knew about it.

i used it before in smod 40, it was pretty **** awsome dude, i think they called it a hopwire or something

Hacked Manhacks would be fun and possible. If Alyx could do it to rollermines, im sure she could with Manhacks. The Borealis is quite odd, in some blueprints it is very large and has weapons mounted around the edge, but when its actually scene they're not visible. Doesn't mean they're not out of site though. If it has some then I can see a level which requires you to shoot up some incoming dropships and gunships. Other then that, unless the weapons are replacements for others, I can't see much coming.

maybe there will be a halo momment when gordan jest gets pissed of and ripes out a turret and blows everything up or somethin.......

I have an idea that would be a Tau Cannon like weapon.

Sometime while in the Arctic, you discover a sort of Combine Weapons Development Lab. Sometime inside, you find one of those slave Vortigaunts like the collared one in the beginning of Half-Life 2. After some sort of Physics puzzle to unlock the gate, and then have Alyx use her EMP thing to unlock the collars. The Vort explains they were testing him to develop a new sort of Weapon. The Vort leads you down the hallway to another room. 2 Super Soldiers with a more guard looking outfit try to stop you, but the Vort blows them to smithereens.

In the next room, you find a few cases with some deformed looking things. Like an unmounted Combine Sniper Rifle, but with the bullets chopped in half and the gun barrel destroyed. Other things might be little cases, with a few open and manhacks in them (this could be another weapon: Snark like Manhacks.) After having the Vort break some sort of Combine High-Security lock, you gain access to the weapon.

5 hexagonal chips that fit on your fingers. When you get them, Gordon play an animation similar to when he gets the HEV Suit Mark IV (V?) in Half-Life 2. He can now fire powerful, accurate green bolts of lightning. He can charge them up a little. This is similar to the Vortigaunt lightning, only less powerful and it can charge. The ammo for this would be 3 shots for a one of those AR2 energy balls.

There is a lot of talk about wanting a sniper rifle, and also a lot of talk about definately not wanting a sniper rifle. For various reasons. I myself would like to see one. If only briefly, and with limited ammo (1 bullet in the chamber and 5 or so in the magazine), to avoid the "camping gameplay" which is the major argument against a sniper rifle. Seen as Gordon Freeman apparantly is a hands-on fighter, and isn't supposed to be camping around picking off his enemies from miles off.

WEll then this "sniper rifle" take away the crossbow since this is the technical long range weapon in your arsenal.

While I won't be disappointed if Gordon only has his standard arsenal throughout Episode 3, I think we're due for some new weaponry. What we've had in HL2, Ep1, and Ep2 are the barebones minimum you can get away with: melee weapon, pistol, stronger pistol, machinegun (sub), stronger machinegun (assault rifle), shotgun, sniper weapon (crossbow), rocket launcher, and grenades. The only special weapons have been storyline-essentials limited to a particular area, such as the bugbait, tau cannon, and hunter-chopper gun; and the gravity gun which, in my own opinion, has outlived its novelty as a weapon. Yes, you can pick up things in the environment and shoot them. We get it. It was amazing in HL2, awesome fun for the thousands of hours spent in HL2MP, and still useful in Ep1 and Ep2, but frankly it's gotten stale. Is this all we have to look forward to?

Remember all the weapons in Half-Life 1? You had so many weapons in that game you had to cram 'em up the HEV Mark IV's rear hatch. You had all the weapons in HL2 minus gravity gun, but you also got a handheld tau, a ghostbuster proton pack that ripped your enemies to shreds, voracious alien explodey-bugs, tripmines, satchels, and an alien graft that shot bees. BEES! Did you need any of the weapons past the basics? No, you did not. But damn if it wasn't fun gibbing your enemies with a supercharged yellow laserbeam or watching alien thornets chase them down around corners. A game never needs weaponry beyond what's required, but extra weapons give you that added choice beyond, "Do I want to just shoot this guy with my magnum or use the gravity gun to throw yet another explosive barrel his way?"

Where's my option, "Do I want to shoot this guy, throw a barrel at him, or watch him scream and flail his arms as my bees sting him to death?"

Throw us an innovative bone here, Valve. I don't want more ammo for the gravgun and I don't want to trek through the arctic without anything new. Sure, I COULD, but where's the fun in that?

Oh, and edit: I'm a SCIENTIST, for Breen's sake. Gordon Freeman built a butane tennis ball cannon at the age of six; you're telling me as an MIT graduate at the age of 27 with the resources available at the White Forest I can't cobble together some kind of new weapon? Like a...a xenium-powered laser rifle or incendiary bullets or strap a steel cable and a reel to the crossbow and stick the crowbar on it for long-range face smashing?

I agree, after playing through standard half life 2 several times it gets dull, but then playing some smod mods, especially ones that have over 25+ guns makes it way more fun

WEll then this "sniper rifle" take away the crossbow since this is the technical long range weapon in your arsenal.
I was thinking more of a longer than "long" range weapon with slightly more accuracy. You know, that shoots bullets in an instant as opposed to bolts, whose speed can be measured with a calendar. Possibly mounted, possibly not. Could be used to take out a few periferal guards, before resuming the standard gung-ho OLOOL IM GORDAN FREEMAN AND IM UP IN YO FACE NOT LIKE A FAGGY NINJA HIDING IN TEH SHADOWS LOL BECAUSE THAT IS GHEY ROFL ACTUALLY I CANT HANDLE A SNIPER RIFLE SO I SEEK SATISFACTION IN FLAMING PEOPLE WHO CAN LOL technique.

*shrug*

I have an idea that would be a Tau Cannon like weapon.

Sometime while in the Arctic, you discover a sort of Combine Weapons Development Lab. Sometime inside, you find one of those slave Vortigaunts like the collared one in the beginning of Half-Life 2. After some sort of Physics puzzle to unlock the gate, and then have Alyx use her EMP thing to unlock the collars. The Vort explains they were testing him to develop a new sort of Weapon. The Vort leads you down the hallway to another room. 2 Super Soldiers with a more guard looking outfit try to stop you, but the Vort blows them to smithereens.

In the next room, you find a few cases with some deformed looking things. Like an unmounted Combine Sniper Rifle, but with the bullets chopped in half and the gun barrel destroyed. Other things might be little cases, with a few open and manhacks in them (this could be another weapon: Snark like Manhacks.) After having the Vort break some sort of Combine High-Security lock, you gain access to the weapon.

5 hexagonal chips that fit on your fingers. When you get them, Gordon play an animation similar to when he gets the HEV Suit Mark IV (V?) in Half-Life 2. He can now fire powerful, accurate green bolts of lightning. He can charge them up a little. This is similar to the Vortigaunt lightning, only less powerful and it can charge. The ammo for this would be 3 shots for a one of those AR2 energy balls.

This sounds so much like Ratchet and Clank. I like Ratchet and Clank, but this thing in Half-Life wouldn't work. Like, why do we even need vort lightning? And the fact that Gordon is the one using it just doesn't work.

This sounds so much like Ratchet and Clank. I like Ratchet and Clank, but this thing in Half-Life wouldn't work. Like, why do we even need vort lightning? And the fact that Gordon is the one using it just doesn't work.

Well, I have no idea what Ratchet and Clank is. And half the people here wanted some vortigaunt technology, so I had an idea. Personally, I like the Manhack thing that works like Snarks better.

No

I think the new weapon will not be. Valve develop old ideas

Maybe on the Borealis there are some of those Aperture military androids that were referenced to in portal, the Aperture Science Hand held Android Command Device would act like a laser pointer that the player would use to indicate targets for the androids to attack, to balance it you could have it setup so that the androids could not pass through the Emancipation Grids set up onbord without getting disintegrated therefore Gordon and Alyx wouldn't always have a huge robot army at their command

Maybe on the Borealis there are some of those Aperture military androids that were referenced to in portal, the Aperture Science Hand held Android Command Device would act like a laser pointer that the player would use to indicate targets for the androids to attack, to balance it you could have it setup so that the androids could not pass through the Emancipation Grids set up onbord without getting disintegrated therefore Gordon and Alyx wouldn't always have a huge robot army at their command

I might have thought this possible in Half-Life, but Half-Life 2 is a very different game. Valve don't seem too interested in new, fun weapons.

Or they could have the SLAM from HL2 deathmatch. One thing I don't like about the episodes is that you can't sneak up behind the combine and shoot them at least having a mine that could be hidden and remote detonated could help to give you the element of surprise when face with zombies, soldiers, hunters, etc.

I might have thought this possible in Half-Life, but Half-Life 2 is a very different game. Valve don't seem too interested in new, fun weapons.

Didn't HL2 have the Bugbait, which was basically the same thing?

It would make sense to replace the bugbait with a similar weapon as each of the weapons has it's own special classification such as rifles, pistols,specialty weapons such as the rpg and Crossbow but ASHACD
would fill the role that the bugbait played in HL2 nicely

Ark of the Covenant= Shoot Laser Beams at multiple targets at once, just don't look at it.

Why don't we just remove that Tau Cannon from buggy?It's like "HOLY SHIT THAT ANTLION JUST BLEW UP OMG!"

*Ahem*

Seriously it is one very good weapon.I want one.

A new Assault Rifle and a couple of new Sci-fi weapons would be satisfactory. :)

Go play Half-Life. You can have one, all over again!

I wasn't particularly disappointed in Half-Life 2 about not getting it, but then I was disappointed in Episode One and Two with the lack of weapons.

I'm not going to bomb Valve Office or kill myself if I don't see a Tau Cannon in game :) but they have a weapon ready from old games.It is a choice.I prefer Tau Cannon and a new weapon.

(But not something like Magnusson Device.I hate that thing.It makes striders very easy oppenents.Compare how did you fought with striders in HL2 on hard setting and EP2 with that device)

black mesa portal gun beta, only non-organic materials can pass trough (bullets, grenades)

...but i guess that wouldn't really work

Only new weapons i want are an upgraded version of the RPG and pulse-rifle. An Alt fire on the RPG so that it fires straight instead of following the laser (at first i didn't know about how the laser worked, and ended up firing at the target, and hiding behind something, only to have the rocket come back and shoot whatever i was hiding behind and kill me)

And please, GIVE THE PULSE RIFLE MORE AMMO IN EACH CLIP! That's why i NEVER use the gun, because i know that i'll be out of ammo in about two minutes!

The pulse rifle has a small clip because almost anytime you use it against soldiers at least
one of them has a pulse rifle to with ammo to reload with

Well....

I think that the guns now would be good but i can see and also would love if they added one or two.:sniper: This is just me, no matter what they cant mess up can they?

I would like an Assault Rifle that has a 3-round Burst to replace the
Pulse Rifle, something like the FAMAS

Back