NHL 2K6 - Real Life vs. XBOX 360

Holy shit, that "Real Life" picture looks totally 3D!*Just kidding*
Very nice graphics!
I love all the 2k games tho, far more than EA's sportgames.

The graphics ain't nearly impressive as the NBA 2k6 for the 360 tho imo.:)

Yeah, I'll take NHL '93 for the Genesis over this anyday. Likewise I will take Tecmo Bowl over any Madden title nowadays too. Gameplay gameplay gameplay.

Things just look shinier with more shaders. Same static looking faces.

no matter how good graphics get in games, they can never seem to get away from the dead stare in the eyes of the characters ...HL2 did remarkedly well avoiding this but at times it still showed thru ..otherwise it looks pretty good, not that I'm a big fan of sports games

OCybrManO said:
Am I jaded or do those screenshots look ugly?

They do look overly cartoony. It's kind of like the plastic look, but not quite. Not really to my taste.

I will say that the NHL 2k6 goalie control is looking incredible. :bounce:

OCybrManO said:
Am I jaded or do those screenshots look ugly?
seriously, looks like a slightly better Doom 3 model... not impressive in the least, all they did was make it shiny and put a couple shaders on there that make it look less realistic

I don't think this game is finished yet. I'd like to see more shadows.

SEGA is releasing (all within a short time frame) I think there are about 5 other titles for other systems they either just released or are releasing soon!
NBA2k6
NFL2k6
NHL2k6
Condemned
Chrome Hounds

and who knows what else, I don't know how they are doing it. It was obviously a good move for them to stop making console hardware. I think they are becoming one of the strongest game software producers.

Lets see:
sega master system -failure -many didn't even know about this one! thanks alot nintendo!!
sega genesis -successful
Sega CD- failure
sega 32x -extreme failure
game gear- borderline
Sega saturn-failure
Sega Dreamcast - failure :(

VirusType2 said:
I don't think this game is finished yet. I'd like to see more shadows.

SEGA is releasing (all within a short time frame) I think there are about 5 other titles for other systems they either just released or are releasing soon!
NBA2k6
NFL2k6
NHL2k6
Condemned
Chrome Hounds
Are you sure they're making an NFL2k6? Wouldn't that violate the 5-year exclusive agreement the NFL made with Electronic Arts?

Well VirusType2, they're not DEVELOPING Condemned for example, iirc, they're PUBLISHING it.
Same with Chrome Hounds, From Software of Armored Core fame are DEVELOPING it, Sega's just PUBLISHING it, so they're noit "doing it".
The 2k sports games are being developed by Visual Concepts, who I do believe ARE owned by Sega.

However, after further investigation, Sega sold Visual Concepts in Jan 2k5, along with Kush, for 24 million dollars.
So they're not owned by Sega either.

In other terms, Sega are NOT DEVELOPING -ANY- OF THOSE GAMES.

They're only publishing them.

Sorry to eh "dissappoint" you, and make no mistake, I love Sega, but I hate it when people misunderstand it, so I hope I made it clear now.

NBA 2k6 = Visual Concepts
NHL 2k6 = Visual Concepts
Condemned = Monolith
Chrome Hounds = From Software

Sorry to correct you but people could misunderstand you as Sega being the dev.

As stated, there is no NFL 2k6, due to EAs deal with the NFL iirc.

Are you sure they're making an NFL2k6? Wouldn't that violate the 5-year exclusive agreement the NFL made with Electronic Arts?
The contract starts sometime in 2006, so if they did get it out before 2006, or before the contract starts(early 2006?). Then it would be perfectly legal.

OCybrManO said:

Forgive me for being uninformed.

Let me get this straight--only 1 software company can have rights to make a particular sports game at a time?! for like.. each system? what about gameboys and what-not? Does it still apply then?

That just seems rediculous and monopoly encouraging. Whats the point?

EDIT: It still looks like a game. I want a game that feels and looks exactly, I mean 100%, like real life

Shamrock said:
EDIT: It still looks like a game. I want a game that feels and looks exactly, I mean 100%, like real life

I'll get right on it...

Back