Nintendo Revolution Infromation = LEAKED! -Gaming Is About To Evolve-

I'm interested in this so-called Halo killer that's rumored to have Deus Ex style gameplay. But everything is all speculation, so it's difficult to get exited. It's a good thing E3 is only weeks away.

I'm skeptical but I'd love for all this to be true. Damn - all this information and advancements these next-gen consoles are bringing make me wanna get one...but they're gonna be pretty expensive and I don't think I'll be able to shell out the dough.

I think calling a game a Halo-killer automatically sets the game up for failure.

Hmm, an interesting article, but I'm skeptical about how he raves on about the Revolution being vastly more powerful than the Xbox 360... although I am interested to see what Nintendo's got under the bonnet.

All that stuff sounds awsome. I am glad Nintendo actually tries some new stuff instead of just making a more powerful system. I really hope Nintendo upsets the other consoles at E3.

There was one time in my life I was foolish enough to buy a console that wasn't Nintendo. That won't happen again. When it comes to consoles, it's Nintendo or nothing for me. I'd love to see Sony get the smack down this time around the console carousel. Hopefully they can pull it off.

As good as that sounds its Nintendo and it won't have hardly any if any titles worth the console price tag to me at least, and don't you think Sony and Microsoft have a few advanced things in their next consoles to reveal? I do.

As for the controller, well, nothing advanced in a controller beats basic standard controllers such as Sony's Analog pad, i hate the current Xbox controller and i hate the current GC controller...they are so big and awkward and i expect them to only get even bigger and more off-putting with all that talk about the controller.

Fishlore said:
There was one time in my life I was foolish enough to buy a console that wasn't Nintendo. That won't happen again. When it comes to consoles, it's Nintendo or nothing for me. I'd love to see Sony get the smack down this time around the console carousel. Hopefully they can pull it off.

That just would'nt happen, apart from the hardcore Nintendo and Microsoft fans everyone buys a Sony. Most people have a PS2 first and a GC, Xbox after that because everybody knows that Sony have by far the best line up of games and the most variety.

Did you just say that the GC controller was big and awkward? :D

As for Halo 2 using pressure sensitive buttons, I have to ask when the heck it used them? The only thing analog on the controller that I know of are the analog sticks and the triggers. It's not like you hit harder when you really jam on the melee button or anything.

I've just never seen an Xbox game that used pressure-sensivity like the PS2 does with throttle in Gran Tourismo or the controls in MGS (when aiming you can control whether you fire or lower the gun depending upon the pressure decrease on the button).

Alig said:
As good as that sounds its Nintendo and it won't have hardly any if any titles worth the console price tag to me at least, and don't you think Sony and Microsoft have a few advanced things in their next consoles to reveal? I do.

As for the controller, well, nothing advanced in a controller beats basic standard controllers such as Sony's Analog pad, i hate the current Xbox controller and i hate the current GC controller...they are so big and awkward and i expect them to only get even bigger and more off-putting with all that talk about the controller.

That just would'nt happen, apart from the hardcore Nintendo and Microsoft fans everyone buys a Sony. Most people have a PS2 first and a GC, Xbox after that because everybody knows that Sony have by far the best line up of games and the most variety.

Wow, you're like a living, breathing magic 8 ball. You should forward your post on to Nintendo. It could end up saving them millions.

Full knowledge not only of what each and every other gamer wants, but also the release titles, their prices and even their overall quality. Amazing.

This quote from Iwata is the sole reason why I believe the Revolution will have no problem pulling it's weight in the next gen console race.

"Games already pretty much have reached the point of photo-realism. Working on more intense graphics is not the only path we can take anymore. Simply relying on the sheer horsepower of the machine will not bring the industry a bright future."

IN MY OPINION, truer words have not been spoken. A game company *gasp* focusing on gameplay. Imagine that.

Hot diggity! The Revolution really does sound revolutionary now. I'm genuinely excited for its release now :D

Direwolf said:
Did you just say that the GC controller was big and awkward? :D
I know, the GC controller is by far the most comfortable game controller I've ever encountered. Sure, the buttons are huge, and the D-pad is the size of an Aspirin, but it fits itself so well into your hand.

I remember how captivated I was by the original NES. I want to be captivated again by another revolutionary step in gaming. Please let this be it. Bring back the glory days!

nintendo-revolution-2.jpg

nintendo-revolution.jpg

Nice concept, but for gamecube compatibility(as shiwn in the diagram) it would need to have x/y buttons :p
Or only 2 people can play cube games, which would be rather silly :p

That concept looks like something from "batteries not included" (the film)

I think the features on the controller is what the big "revolution" is all about (the gyroscopic doodah and the touch-sensitive directional pad) - so I wouldn't be suprised if the real thing looked something very much like this.

Please don't make voice control mandatory. Even playing on your own you'd still feel like a twat, much less look like one.

Please don't make voice control mandatory. Even playing on your own you'd still feel like a twat, much less look like one.

I agree. I would feel like a real dork controlling a character or game with my voice all the time. As if being a Super Mario-obsessed adult isn't dorky enough.

dlandis72 said:
I agree. I would feel like a real dork controlling a character or game with my voice all the time. As if being a Super Mario-obsessed adult isn't dorky enough.
EQ had somthing like this, it was so lame. "Hot 1, hot 1, hot 1, hot 1, hot 2, hot 1, hot 1, hot 1, hot 2"

Has anybody checked out the other rumors that were recently released on IGN's site? Apparently this guy who works on an online comic called the Broken Saints has some insider information and he presented his theory on the site. He's a Nintendo fanatic and who knows if his theories are grounded in fact or not, but they certainly are interesting. Here it is: http://cube.ign.com/articles/607/607437p1.html

He really pushes the 3-D projection rumor and states some pretty convincing evidence for it. Does anybody have any idea how Nintendo could pull off 3-D projections without making all of us buy a new type of TV?

Does anybody have any idea how Nintendo could pull off 3-D projections without making all of us buy a new type of TV?
Having the Nintendo buy us all a new type of TV ^_^.

Does anybody have any idea how Nintendo could pull off 3-D projections without making all of us buy a new type of TV?

Having the Nintendo buy us all a new type of TV ^_^.

Exactly! that's why I'm skeptical when I hear that rumor. Some have said that it could be possible with some special glasses, but I dont know if I like that idea either. Would that mean that the screen would look weird for people who weren't wearing the glasses? I'm really hoping Nintendo uses common sense.

Sounds Promising - But I am still skeptical.

After Nintendo Failed with the Virtual Boy and Didn't release alot of Video Game Titles for the Gamecube.

If nintendo doesn't do well with this next gen System and release alot of Original and Famous titles.

I think Nintendo will end up in the hotseat just like Sega ended up.

-just my 2 cents.

nintendo wont make it high tech like xbox and ps will , just fun as usual. PROBABLY!!!! hopefully they clued in by now that it sells better to. im still buying one though, regardless!!!!!

Darkknighttt said:
nintendo wont make it high tech like xbox and ps will , just fun as usual
That's not what I've heard (according to several sources)... it also says something similar in the first post:
I’m not going to share specs with you because they aren’t really that important. I think Iwata said something like that when asked the same question. All three consoles are going to be very powerful, trust me. I’ll give you some information though: it will be more powerful than the Xbox 360. Much more powerful. Many gamers seem to think it will be as powerful as the GBA or something. That isn’t the case at all. From what I saw during my time their as well as our game, it will be very capible.

Talbain_Nova said:

-just my 2 cents.

Not very likely. And why? Cause they sell an obscene amount of hardware and games :) (in Japan alone the DS sold 72,000 units last week, and 182,000 copies of Nintendogs sold over 4 days. Now take into account GBA and GC sales, plus all the games)

Why do ppl often think Nintendo aren't doing well financially? - they're stinking rich.

Talbain_Nova said:

-just my 2 cents.

if that happens it will be a tragedy

also everione should consider that nintendo is doing something that trully can be called "next-gen" cuz is decided to make something more that just a more powerfull console

-just my 2 cents.

Read the Nintendo Minute over at IGN. It was just posted. Apparently, Nintendo is still making a lot more profit that Sony and MS. The article even said that Microsoft is losing money every time it sells a console! That really raised my hopes for Nintendo. As long as they continue to have the money to feed my Mario/Zelda/Waverace addiction, I don't care if they dominate the market at all. I'm just glad that they're innovating.

Talbain_Nova said:

Nintendo has the strongest profit margins of all three console providers. People, it takes only a few minutes to look this up....it's widely publisized...we're being to quick to charaterize Nintendo's next-gen as a must perform to 1990 standards. It's ludicrous. Nintendo will continue to have low costs, high quality and stunning sales across the board. They've been in the game to long and have become too smart.

Sega was in the hotseat because they didn't make money, and still struggle to do so.

Killing2Live said:
Overhyped, thats what it is.

The Revolution or Halo 2??

How much info do we have on the Revolution vs XBox 360 or PS3?? I can't go a day without someone telling me the PS3 is powerful enough to beam my ass to Mars or how the XBox 360 is soo hi-def I'll need a $75,000 TV just to turn it on. This is really the first bit of credible, if that, info anyone has on the Revolution. Revolution is about a 2 on the ole' hypometer. The other 2 consoles get far more press than the Revolution....that's a fact.

Halo 2 is hyped just about right IMO.

Fishlore said:
Wow, you're like a living, breathing magic 8 ball. You should forward your post on to Nintendo. It could end up saving them millions.

Full knowledge not only of what each and every other gamer wants, but also the release titles, their prices and even their overall quality. Amazing.

This quote from Iwata is the sole reason why I believe the Revolution will have no problem pulling it's weight in the next gen console race.

"Games already pretty much have reached the point of photo-realism. Working on more intense graphics is not the only path we can take anymore. Simply relying on the sheer horsepower of the machine will not bring the industry a bright future."

IN MY OPINION, truer words have not been spoken. A game company *gasp* focusing on gameplay. Imagine that.

First of i do have a pretty good knowledge of what games are to expect on the Revolution, it's not like the N64 or GC have changed the types of games Nintendo have.

That quote isn't true at all...photo-realism isn't even close, i can't remember which developer said this (think it could of been John Carmack - ID's boss) but he said it would be at least 2010 before we start to see photo-realism in games, hell, UE3 isn't even close to photo-realism but it is absolutely amazing graphically and that only runs at 20FPS on the best graphics card out in the WORLD!, and please do tell me a game company that does'nt focus on gameplay and just focuses on graphics? ..yeah!. I'm pretty sure all developers could pull of a slideshow of graphical beauty if they intended to.

Tr0n said:
Consoles just sux0rz teh big one. :D
Add something constructive to this thread, or don't post in it at all.

i think the controller will be hit or miss (sounds more like big hit, but its risky, think the Xbox dinnerplate sized original controller) but thank god for internet play, its got some great game franchises, but i think ill wait till E3 to make judgements on all nextgens.

Yeah i hate when people call games "Halo Killer" or "GTA Killer" stfu and just enjoy the game. Personally, it's REALLY hard to decide now, before it was xbox2, then i decided on ps3 because of all the great games its going to get (MGS4, GT5, GTA5 etc), but now Revolution seems to be REALLY cool.

Has anyone tried *these* tilting controllers for PC yet? How do they play? Unfortunately I don't think many PC devs designed anything with 'tilting' in mind. It will be cool to see tech like this become standard in consoles.

Regardless of how stupid it is calling a game a "Halo-killer", this particular game sounds extremely interesting. I like the idea that your controller could heat up; hopefully there will be other features, such as a drinks machine that pours you a relaxing lemonade if you complete a level- or dispenses a chocolate cake if you get the best score.

Back