Nintendo's E3- Your thoughts

SnakeTheLegend

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
So E3 has passed and I am actually pretty excited about Nintendo's lineup that they announced. The only problem for me was that Hyrule Warriors, Ruby/Sapphire Remakes, and Smash Bros are the only games that Nintendo has for the rest of 2014. Until September, nothing is coming out. I know though that all three of these games are going to be incredibly fun and worth the wait. So what I am asking is, what did you think of Nintendo's strategy this E3? They did not do a traditional conference and instead had the Digital Event and the Nintendo Treehouse show off the announced games. They even sprinkled some surprise announcements over the course of E3. So did you think that this was effective? or that they should go back to the traditional conference? Also, I am curious as to how many people own a Wii U on the forums here and if any of you are now interested in getting one because of the game lineup. Here is their site:
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/

I forgot about Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which looks great. This is another 2014 release, so actually 4 games for 2014. Captain Toad in Mario 3D world was a fun aspect of the game, glad it is getting a full fledged release.

Nintendo themselves had a pretty solid showing. The main problem with the WiiU will persist however, as little to no third party publishers are on board with it as a system.

Nintendo themselves had a pretty solid showing. The main problem with the WiiU will persist however, as little to no third party publishers are on board with it as a system.

Yeah, it is a shame because the system is actually pretty good. If the sales numbers aren't there, the third party isn't there.

There are some solid games for the system though. Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, DK: Tropical Freeze, Wind Waker HD, and Wonderful 101. I think the system will mean more to people if they care about Nintendo franchises. If you don't, then the PS4 and Xbox One will be more for you. In terms of sales as of now, it looks to be another gamecube, with the hardcore nintendo fans supporting it most of the way.

My problem with the last two Nintendo system is the controllers. I'd probably have bought both consoles just for the Nintendo developed games alone if it weren't for the annoying controllers.

I got the Wii quite late...like pretty much every console really. I need them jam jacked libraries.

I was fairly pleased with Nintendo's showing this year. What with all the interesting games, I'm actually considering getting a Wii U. That, and it's the only current console to have backwards compatibility.

I was fairly pleased with Nintendo's showing this year. What with all the interesting games, I'm actually considering getting a Wii U. That, and it's the only current console to have backwards compatibility.

That is great to hear! What games were you interested in? I could even give you recommendations about games that are already out on the Wii U.

Splatoon, Mario Maker, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, the unnamed Zelda game, and (of course) Smash Brothers.

Great list! Splatoon was a very nice surprise. It is essentially Nintendo's take on Team Fortress 2, which I think is going to be very interesting and exciting to see when it comes out. Mario Maker is pretty much something that has been in the minds of Mario fans for ages, hopefully they get the level sharing option done right. Rainbow Curses clay animation art style makes me want them to remake Earthbound in that style. I think Zelda is going to be incredible. All the things that Aonuma said in the reveal trailer are pretty much what I want in the next Zelda game, so that is very exciting for me. I think once Smash Bros hits, Nintendo will have a great amount of content coming into 2015 and until the end of that year. I can't wait to have a smash tournament with some local MP.

It is essentially Nintendo's take on Team Fortress 2, which I think is going to be very interesting and exciting to see when it comes out.

Splatoon looks interesting and very creative, but saying it's "Nintendo's take on Team Fortress 2" is pretty hilarious.

Splatoon looks interesting and very creative, but saying it's "Nintendo's take on Team Fortress 2" is pretty hilarious.

"Nintendo's take on Counter Strike" might be slightly more accurate. Even then, it still doesn't really capture the essence of it.

"Nintendo's take on squid people fighting to graffiti a small neighborhood."
--Best Synopsis Ever--

Perhaps trying to compare Splatoon to existing FPS games isn't a good way to describe it....

Perhaps trying to compare Splatoon to existing FPS games isn't a good way to describe it....

There are probably some good examples you could vaguely compare to it, but Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike aren't even close.

Cartoony aesthetic =/= Instant likeness to TF2, despite what a lot of people on the internet will tell you.

There are probably some good examples you could vaguely compare to it, but Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike aren't even close.

Cartoony aesthetic =/= Instant likeness to TF2, despite what a lot of people on the internet will tell you.

I guess I sounded overly general by saying team fortress 2. I just meant that it is Nintendo's response to not having a multiplayer team-based shooter. It is a genre that they never really tried to tackle before.

I guess I sounded overly general by saying team fortress 2. I just meant that it is Nintendo's response to not having a multiplayer team-based shooter. It is a genre that they never really tried to tackle before.

This is true.

Just picked up Shovel Knight for Wii U. Excellent game. If any of you have the chance to play, do it. It is for Wii U, 3DS, and PC I believe.

So Robin and Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening were announced today for Smash Bros. Captain Falcon finally got his place too. Any thoughts on the character reveals so far? Happy? Disappointing? I have been pretty satisfied so far with the roster, except with the noticeable lack of villains. I really want Ness to get announced too or maybe he will be a secret character.

I'm pretty indifferent. I've played Smash games in the past, but I've been super into them. I'll probably get the new one on 3DS and WiiU, but I'm not one to get hyped for character reveals when I know next to nothing about the series' most in-depth mechanics.

So Robin and Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening were announced today for Smash Bros. Captain Falcon finally got his place too. Any thoughts on the character reveals so far? Happy? Disappointing? I have been pretty satisfied so far with the roster, except with the noticeable lack of villains. I really want Ness to get announced too or maybe he will be a secret character.

Nintendo, give us Ghirahim pl0x

Back