Node Graph out of date: REbuilding How do i get rid of this?

I had this problem too... I fixed it by changing my clock back to 2003. I don't know if this is the best solution, but it works.

In the maps folder is a folder called graphs, it's a pathfinding file for AI I think automatically generated when the map is first run. The only solution is to run the map more than once and it's nothing to worry about.

Daz is right, it's AI pathing. It'll rebuild every time you compile with a changed map. When you've finished your map, you shouldn't have problems.

-Angry Lawyer

What? I have the same problem. I run it several times in HL2 but the message appears all the time.

Now its not but well have to add separate file while distributing our maps because the game writes the ai path info in separate file under maps/graph/ .

m00b said:
Now its not but well have to add separate file while distributing our maps because the game writes the ai path info in separate file under maps/graph/ .
you dont have to distribute it.. its harmless, upto you though its only a small file, wouldn't hurt to include them.

If you don't distribute the graph, HL2 will just build it on the users machine.

Like Dark Elf said, it doesn't make much difference either way.

It makes a difference. It's ugly to see that message on each map you enter. I'll just distribute the file...

I lost my light on my map when I got this message, how do I fix it?
It is fully bright now ;(

Shut down steam then start it again. Start hammer open map add light and run.

m00b said:
Shut down steam then start it again. Start hammer open map add light and run.

Why is that happening?
I loaded it today and its fine... :)
Strange...

Thanks

That was because of config settings getting wierd. It happened when I tried to edit a map but was set in the sdk menu as another game.

I have had this problem every single time I open up my map. Whether I change stuff or not, it doesn't matter. What was that about redistributing files?

m00b said:

What does this mean? I'm lost. This message is really irritating.

Okay it means that when HL2 builds the graph it puts the .ain file (the ai node grapH) into the /maps/graph/ folder... If you want to distribute the map you have the option of distributing it or not... It's just a small file so it won't impact size, and it's always good to run your last build and double-check then distribute :)

Hl2 will automatically turn mat_fullbright on when a map does not have any valid lights ( or if you have leaks, in which case the lights are not compiled ).

HL2 will not turn mat_fullbright off again if you then proceed to load a working map with lights.

Node graph out of date

i have a problem....everytime i load my saved game i could play it...but a message pops up that says Node graph out of dat.Rebuilding...

can u help me to take this message away because when i play the game nothing moves....nothing just me....

please help me?

Aim- outlawdavid1
msn- [email protected]

A.i. Disabled

Hey guys, i'm having the same problem, except for the fact that mine says A.I disabled.
It disables my A.I. and I can't pass any level 'cause the characters and all the ai is asleep.
I shot a combine surrounded by 5 more guys and he died, and they didn't even react.
How do i enable the a.i????
The node graph....bla bla message first appeared when i left the container with the vortigaunt and the guy inside,and passed to the next level.
And what does distribute actually mean as u put it? I don't get it.

you resurrected a thread from 12 months ago :LOL:
buy the game you friggin' game pirating scum

that is all

Node graph error:
Read the other 3 explanations in the previous posts.

Distribute in this case means to include it in your .zip or whaterver when you give other people your map.

Like Raeven0 said, try putting some info_nodes into your map. You don't need very many, maybe like 5 to a room if it's flat.

Hello, noob here.

I also just started getting this error

"Node graph out dated: Rebuilding" and then the game starts and "AI Disabled" is listed on the screen and characters dont move. Game cannot be played without AI.

And nothing in this thread has yet given any indication of how to solve it. It goes away only if I start a new game but once I have to save it is there again when the saved game starts up and no characters move anymore.

As it is Half Life 2 is useless to me now. I use steam only and also own HL2 Lost Coast and Episode One. It doesnt happen in Loast Coast and Havnt tried Episode one yet but I havnt played HL2 yet either so not willing to go into Episode one just yet. lol

Help this thread should be in the problems with half life 2 section anyway shouldnt it?

I too am getting this error - I have owned the game for a while now & played it right through with no problems. However after reinstalling my comp it now does exactly as described... (Note: returning to a previous area also triggers it turning off AI as well as the saving already mentioned)

If it matters at all I'm playing the 'Game Of The Year' edition.... (Note: Not making my own maps or any such thing... just playing through the normal game!)

The only thing I can possibly think of that I did differently was to install CS:S prior to HL2, I think I put them on in the other order last time.... surely shouldn't matter though??!?

Edit: Got it working actually! Just re-verified, defragged, shut down, restarted etc a few times & now it works.... no ideas :S
(did the same to my counterstrike - maybe that helped??!?)

Anyhow... it works, yay!

I too am getting this error - I have owned the game for a while now & played it right through with no problems. However after reinstalling my comp it now does exactly as described... (Note: returning to a previous area also triggers it turning off AI as well as the saving already mentioned)

If it matters at all I'm playing the 'Game Of The Year' edition.... (Note: Not making my own maps or any such thing... just playing through the normal game!)

The only thing I can possibly think of that I did differently was to install CS:S prior to HL2, I think I put them on in the other order last time.... surely shouldn't matter though??!?

Edit: Got it working actually! Just re-verified, defragged, shut down, restarted etc a few times & now it works.... no ideas :S
(did the same to my counterstrike - maybe that helped??!?)

Anyhow... it works, yay!

Here is how, a little delayed tough.
For people who's A.I. is disabled (wich can happen witha purchased version, go to where it is installed:
C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/(username here)/half-life 2/hl2/maps
Now, delete the graphs folder.
Next time you play, the maps with completely rebuild the graphs.
If disabled A.I. persist, open the console and type "ai_disable", now the NPCs will work again and you can continue SP.

Back