AMD Anthlon 64 3000+ 1.8Mhz
2.0 GB Ram DDR2
GeForce 7300 GT AGP 512 MB Ram
200 GB IDE HD
500 GB IDE USB Drive
C-Media 8 Channel PCI Sound Card
Windows 7 RC 64bit Build 7100
DirectX 11

my problem is I have the real retail version of the game bought it last year but I was not able to get the orange box. I recently switched from Windows XP Pro 32 bit to Windows 7 RC 64 Bit and I just re-installed Half-Life 2. The game did not install properly from the DVD and said my system was out of memory which is fauls. Thats just one problem because I can run the steam and game from the desktop icons just fine. After I installed the game from the Steam server and it updated itself I tryed playing it and I get Node Graph Out Of Date. Rebuilding.. I have no idea how to fix this because the ai_debug_actbusy 1 command did not work. I have pictures to prove that this is a retail copy of the game.
PICT00031.jpg
hl2nodegraph1.jpg

This is the typical problem pirates get. If the command ai_disable 0 doesn't work then verify/defrag game files/re-install.

64-bit windows is your most likely culprit. Many people using it seem to get this error due to Half-life2 running in 64-bit mode. Go into Steam, then right click Halflife2 and click properties, then go to launch options, and in launch parameters put this:
-32bit
Then It should work properly :).

Hi Nick,

Try validating your game cache files for HL2, and setting Steam to run the game in 32 bit mode as Dekstar has explained. Both those combined should resolve the problem completely.

I see you've done your research on the ai_disabled issue and seen the blunt force trauma caused in the past due to it's link to pirated versions. You are the first person I've ever seen who has actually posted a picture of their retail copy though! Impressive!

64-bit windows is your most likely culprit. Many people using it seem to get this error due to Half-life2 running in 64-bit mode. Go into Steam, then right click Halflife2 and click properties, then go to launch options, and in launch parameters put this:
-32bit
Then It should work properly :).

This is how it fixed my LEGAL copy of HL2 on steam, after switching over to 64bit W7 RC1.

I've had the very same issue when changing from WinXP 32bit to Win Vista Ultimate 64bit, although it magically solved itself somehow.

Take a picture of you holding the box and disc with "HALFLIFE2.NET AUGUST 1ST 2009 VEGETA RULES" written on your forehead or I do not believe you pirate scum.

Also issue a photograph of your CD key. Otherwise it wouldn't be sufficient for Vegeta's trust.

For starters thank you guys for the help on the game I am ganna try running it in 32 bit and see if that works and for the other people who left comments stating that I should hold my copy of my game or post my serial key they must think I am retarted. LOL so thanks again for the advice and you can't pirate half-life 2.

thanks for the advice again on the -32bit command it worked and I back in the game.

Allthough it still puzzles me why it was working on Vista Ultimate 64Bit last year with no problems. I am guessing it has something to do with DirectX 11 and the fact that I had to download the directX9 DLL file and put it in my system folder before it would even let me into steam LOL. Shrugs. thanks again and maybe someone might get a 64 bit fix for this problem sooner or later.

This is the typical problem 64bit users get. If the command ai_disable 0 doesn't work then verify/defrag game files/re-install.
Fixed. Welcome to 2008, rabid anti-piracy sycophants.
Allthough it still puzzles me why it was working on Vista Ultimate 64Bit last year with no problems.
Got broken in an update, as far as I'm aware. Broken for a long time now.

Back