Noob servers

the_lone_wolf

Reaction score
OK, so i'm strugling to stay alive long enough to see what's going on, are there any servers out there where people like myself with little to no CS experience can practice?:D

Ok, there are a few servers that say n00b or newb in their name. While these servers were put up for this reason, a lot people who are not new still play on them in an effort to raise their self-esteem (if not for that reason i don't know). Here's a suggestion tho... instead of wasting a lot of time buying guns just stay with your pistol and move slowly. Don't try to be the first one with your nose sticking out, or you'll end up being the first one dead. Also you can try buying the same guns everytime until you get used to it, or getting a buy script.

The other alternative is to make your own server and use bots, just until u get the hang of firing the guns, buying your stuff, and getting to know the maps. Also if you have friends that play CS get them to show you a few tricks. If you would like, I'm no pro, but I'll certainly help out anyone who needs a few pointers. Also I can provide a buy script for any who need one.

Do not, I repeat do NOT go to n00b servers. There lots of pros in n00b servers just like to enjoy killing the noobs in the server.

cheers for the offer r'sin, i'm not doing too bad, generally rack up a few kills now and then, just if i get seperated from the group i get picked off by some hotshot and end up spectating more than playing:D. buying the stuff isn't really a problem, i kinda just buy the machine gun, seems to do the job, and occasionally have a look round the rest of the menu.

as for building your own server what do you need? (keeping in mind i'm a poor student;)) if it's a simple case of gathering some old bits together then i might be able to do it, if it involves spending ctual money i doubt it:D

i reckon i'll just keep playing and see how things go, might seem kinda dumb but i don't want to "intrude" on anyone's game and screw it up for them by being the weakest link.

BTW if any of you see me out there on a server (player name "Wolf") please be nice;)

Try watching other people play via spectator view. Watch what they do and how they move.

Try to focus on one of the people who have the higest scores. If the person happens to be sniping, forget it, you probably won't learn much.

All you need to do is click Create Server.
I don't know the bot commands but I'm sure there's a list of commands on one of the first links in here (something about Server Commands)

You can specify the amount of bots that you play with and also there skill level when you create the server. You can also specify some advanced bot options like whether they leave all the objectives upto you (plant/defuse bombs, rescue hostages etc.) There are some other options on there that might make it easier to learn the basics of CS. I think the best way is to stick at it and not get put off because you arn't playing so well. Everyone has to start somewhere and practice makes perfect :)

bot_add_ct - adds a CT bot to the game

bot_add_t - adds a Terrorist bot to the game

I fully agree with duffers. The fact that you get killed often is a good sign that you're playing with good players. This will in turn make you a good player. The better the competition the better your own skills will increase. If you get put off by the challenge then try a something easier. I tend to look for fast servers with players around my own skill level and above. I've also played with hackers just because it nice to have a good challenge (and they hate it when you own them).

your best bet is too play around lots of servers untill you find 1 or 2 u settle into nicely, whack them in favourites and keep going back till u find 1 server u really like

thanks all, comments appreciated, i'll try setting up a server and see what happens:)

Well, I came from UT, we where one of the top clans too. I have good aim, except I couldent really get used to the randomness in the shots. The first time I did good was with the Galil... Then CS:S came out (beta) and I played some. I eventually got a bit better.

Blah blah blah...

long story short, just play some. You'll get used to how the weapons work, when running and gunning might work, when to crouch and such.

the_lone_wolf said:
OK, so i'm strugling to stay alive long enough to see what's going on, are there any servers out there where people like myself with little to no CS experience can practice?:D

The servers that you are in ARE the newbie servers lol. All pub servers are full of newbs. Try playing some scrim servers or clan servers. Youll get headshotted the first pixel they see of you, even if it's your leg they'll still get a headshot.

im in your boat too wolf,i find playing in servers with few players,maybe 7 is good for confidence except when you get dickheads but thats life,max players 14,dont even bother going to 32 player servers,also dont be put off by guys and their 'rank' with 500 kills,so they have alot of time on their hands who cares?

Back