not headcrab! HEADHUMPER!

I

IceVirus258

insted of calling the lowest rank in the forums a headcrab couldent it be called HEADHUMPER? :LOL:

tehr r icklekiddies whu dun knoe wut teh hUmPZorz is teh yett... (lik thiz guy: Clik herr)

SixThree said:
tehr r icklekiddies whu dun knoe wut teh hUmPZorz is teh yett... (lik thiz guy: Clik herr)
Whats more worrying, his post, or that you had it bookmarked for easy retrival? :)

The Dark Elf said:
Whats more worrying, his post, or that you had it bookmarked for easy retrival? :)

Ctrl C + Ctrl V is my frieeeeeend :)

Ok, you have so many wierd sites, Im starting to worry...

Anywho, why the hell would you call someone a headhumper... seriously? ... It isn't even related to HL2 :p

SixThree said:
Cheer up, you'll get a friend someday!

# are good at giving compliments without going overboard
# go around with a pleasant expression on their face
# laugh at people's jokes
# are kind
# ask, not demand, to join in
# offer to help others with work or carry things
# invite people to do something
# hang around places where other students are
# are welcoming to new students
# are good at thinking of something interesting to do
# are willing to share
# are humorous and tell jokes
# are fair
# are good at organising games or activities

On a whole, the way the above is wored, those are really bad advice lol

Most come across as "act like someone's slave and they'll be your friend" the others are basically "stalk people until they like you"

They coulda worded them better, I mean really ffs lol

The Dark Elf said:
On a whole, the way the above is wored, those are really bad advice lol

Most come across as "act like someone's slave and they'll be your friend" the others are basically "stalk people until they like you"

They coulda worded them better, I mean really ffs lol

"Hi, *big smile* I like sharing and following people, Can I be your friend?"

Druckles said:
Anywho, why the hell would you call someone a headhumper... seriously? ... It isn't even related to HL2 :p

Barney calls a Headcrab a 'Headhumper' in the chapter "Follow Freeman"

SixThree said:
Barney calls a Headcrab a 'Headhumper' in the chapter "Follow Freeman"

He also refers to lamar with the same racist title :p
(poor lamar, he can't help be who he is)

Wasn't it "A Red Letter Day"? When Lamarr jumps out and barney yells, "Its your pet, the frickin' head humper!". I might be wrong.

Didn't they also call the black headcrabs headhumpers? Anyway to answer the question...
NO!

I know it is off-topic but since you are talking about headcrabs. How the **** do they see?

Maybe they're like bats.. why they screech when they jump at you gives it away, and they always squeak about the place...

hmm sonar. Sounds good.

What about detecting vibrations like snakes? I am baffled by it

Anyone looked at the models to see if there's any kind of tiny little eyes or anything?

Otherwise I'll have to go with Sonar or since some have hairs on them, maybe detecting changes in the air around them, don't some creatures do that.

I loaded the fast headcrab model in the model viewer and it was sniffing the air, the problem is that it has no nose :|

Telekinetics! It taps into your brain and it sees what you see, then it can JUMP ON YOU!

I don't think they really put much thought into making it biologically correct. It's just like the Hollywood effect: If it looks good, who cares how it works. Like the fast headcrab you mentioned. The sniffing just looks cool. There doesn't really have to be any explaination.

Although it would be cool if there was...

Oh, and Headcrab > Headhumper.

Danimal said:
I know it is off-topic but since you are talking about headcrabs. How the **** do they see?

They are programmed by valve to attack you. and the computer tells em where you are.

My apologies - I just completed like several levels of HL2 (after finally getting it working) and I noticed the references to the Head-Humper :)

Them black headcrabs gots hairs.. I guess dat's how dem's smells.

I tried to shave a black headcrab, he didn't like the bussaw-shaver though :|

Barney says it in Red Letter day and in Follow Freeman - he goes "Watch out for Headhumpers" and then "HEADHUMPERS!", so I assume it's his automatic reaction to them - as in it's tied in like "Here, patch yourself up" or whatever

Back