Novint Falcon Left 4 Dead Support and Giveaway

In a way, I agree. On the other hand, it is completely at random, so...

Anyway, posting for free stuff!

yes totally random... where people could post like 10 times and have 10 times more chance of winning and there are no desclassifications what so ever...

You posted, you didn't win. You had the same chance as anyone else, the same opportunities, and the same lack of restrictions.
I suggest you stop complaining about it, because you're just coming across as a very poor loser.

It saddens me really. Novint are generous enough to give us a Falcon to give away, and we do it in as fair and random a way as possible, and yet some people still complain.

How can you say I had the same opportunities if the winner posted 3 times more than me?

just justify that... because the way you did it (random 1 out of 100 post numbers) gives him better chance to win...

you said people to post for a chance to win... I believe posting 3 times should be desclassified. That way you could say you were being as fair and random as possible... not to mention that you used post count as justification not to disclassify him... sooo makes me believe even worst...

that is it... not personal things like you are fake... or you are a looser... just talking about rules and how you should had made things... and about the future... because this looks like novit or valve or other great site would do differently, I'm just helping you to improve and you are always defensive about it instead of improving...

ps: complaining when you are right don't make you a looser, I'm most surprised other don't metion the lack of fairness and efford to make it fair when someone noticed it was wrong.

ps2: I'm not even believing you are now using lack of restriction justification -.-'' that is so... :S I should have spam all 100 posts to win? that is just lol

Because it wasn't wrong, and his post count had nothing to do with it. You were pointing out how unfair it was that he had posted 3 times, and I pointed out that you weren't even a member of this community, having signed up purely to try to win the prize. At any rate, you could have posted multiple times too. I didn't place specific restrictions on posting, relying on some common sense from the entrants - anyone trying to spam their way to victory would have been banned and had their posts removed.
The whole point of the thread, after all, was to foster discussion. I strongly suspect the reason that no-one else mentions any perceived lack of fairness or "effort to make it fair" is because they don't agree with you.
I sincerely doubt that you would have complained about the fairness had you won the prize yourself, or if any of the other people that signed up to the site solely for this giveaway had.

I can put myself in you side and ok I will not post about this subject any further... although I believe that "relying on some common sense from the entrants" you should have desclassified "more than 1 post" users.. no??

I still believe it was wrong... and I would not "complain" if other user won if he hadn't post more than once. that was it.

I always knew I wouldn't get anything for complaining I do this really for future cases and because I believe you could have done better. Sory if too agressive etc but I needed your atention to make you see where you were wrong.

as for my last question answer only if you want as I know common sense is not objective and you would say that posting 3 is not spam 10 woud be... etc -.-''

good luck for the future.

as Pi Mu Rho said, it never said "Multiple posts = ban". We just didn't think in the way deckstar did and I congratulate him for thinking outside the box

No, there was no need to "desclassify" anything. I didn't put limits on post numbers, just as I didn't put limits on join dates. It was a simple, supposedly fun giveaway. As far as I'm concerned, it was a success. I suggest your turn your attentions elsewhere.

I didn't post at all.
You don't see me complaining.

Can't wait to find out what the next give away is :D Also does anyone know anywhere in the UK where you can buy a Novint Falcon or somewhere close as apparently it's $90 p&p from the Novint site in america

There's not currently any UK resellers, unfortunately.

Any idea if and when there may be UK resellers as I would really love to get hold of novint falcon?

This thread, it screams like an abattoir full of retarded children.

Anyways, I was thinking today, it would probably be quite scary to go from using the Novint pistol grip, to firing a real gun. Speaking to anyone who likes to go to the firing range.

I've been to the firing range enough times with my Cadet Force. It's pretty awesome after passing weapon handeling test I fired SA80 Cadet GP Rifle, British Army A2 Rifle and a shotgun. Recoil varies, plus you have to wear ear defenders. But it's all good fun

Last question:

Have donations and competitions [ie: soprano keyboard, Novint Falcon] been a part of HL2.net since its beginning, or is it a recent thing? Because it didn't seem like we had lots of these competitions in the past.

I've been to the firing range enough times with my Cadet Force. It's pretty awesome after passing weapon handeling test I fired SA80 Cadet GP Rifle, British Army A2 Rifle and a shotgun. Recoil varies, plus you have to wear ear defenders. But it's all good fun

Well, I am not sure if you understood what I was referring to.

After years and years of playing FPS games, I always get a little more freaked out holding a gun than most, because through gaming, it's unintentionally taught me to be unsafe with a weapon, overly comfortable, and of course trigger happy.

Now, up that immersion even more, to holding what feels like a real gun, with kickback, and you're destroying your understanding of gun safety and precaution even more. Unless of course you don't put your finger on the novint when not firing like you would a real gun.

Well the weapons I have used are semi automatic which makes it easier. Plus you got safety catch :D Plus if you do a weapon handling test you feel more confident about the weapon. I mean I've done exercise with live ammunition and had to give fire orders and stuff like that and I'm always fine holding a weapon even though I spray a lot in games. I find using real weapons is different to games. And you don't get much kickback if you have the weapon pushed right back into your shoulder.

Back