nVidia Project Shield: Xbox360 controller with a multitouch screen attached and a Tegra 4 processor

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
YmUys.png
Features:​
  • Tegra 4 processor
  • Can display 4k resolution to an external monitor over HDMI
  • 720p, 5inch multitouch display
  • Looks sort of like a spaceship
  • 5 to 10 hours battery while gaming, 24 hours battery life while playing HD video
  • Runs Android
  • Can stream games from a PC (Big Picture Mode->Shield->TV)

I reckon we're in an interesting period for video games to say the least, even if this fails miserably we have the Steam Box and OUYA trying to break into the console thing in unusual ways, the Wii U, we're waiting on Microsoft and Sony's next offerings, the whole Kickstarter thing has taken off, the Occulus Rift and whatever Valve are doing with augmented/virtual reality and probably stuff I'm forgetting.

Looks like someone stepped on the controller.

It's going to fail. Then Microsoft and Sony will release their overpriced over-gimmicked next-gen consoles, which nobody will develop for because of a poor return on dollar due to a small market with no money to buy more than one or two games a year due to the consoles' price, at which point we'll see another industry collapse somewhat like 1982's, followed by an insurgence of Linux and open-source gaming thanks to OUYA and Steambox. WiiU will probably do okay as well.

So from what i read, this device just streams from your pc to a mobile screen with a controller attached.

WHY??

What a hideous pointless piece of crap.

Also, people are still optimistic about the Ouya?

So from what i read, this device just streams from your pc to a mobile screen with a controller attached.

WHY??
You don't read very well. It also plays its own games.

Back