nVidia Releases New Linux Drivers To Go Hand In Hand With Steam For Linux

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
In a press release nVidia have today announced a new set of GeForce drivers for the Linux platform. They are reporting that these drivers, called R310, doubled the performance of a beta build of Left 4 Dead 2 running on a GeForce GTX 680. If these drivers can provide even a fraction of that boost to other games then this should prove to be a massive boon to Linux gamers.

Valve's Doug Lombardi is quoted as saying:
With this release, NVIDIA has managed to increase the overall gaming performance under Linux. NVIDIA took an unquestioned leadership position developing R310 drivers with us and other studios to provide an absolutely unequalled solution for Linux gamers."

An unofficial list of Steam games that have been tagged with Linux support in the Steam CDR database can be found here and includes Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor, Frozen Synapse, Crusader Kings II Beta and many more. If you're interested in participating in the Steam for Linux beta it's not to late to take the survey!

Update: Steam for Linux beta has officially begun. Don't worry if you didn't get an email or you haven't filled out the survey yet; the beta is only starting with one thousand users but will be expanded as development continues.

Still waiting for the fateful invitation to participate ...

It's not Youtube-level, it's insightful. If I haven't told you I can see the future, you should know: I can see the future.

It's not Youtube-level, it's insightful. If I haven't told you I can see the future, you should know: I can see the future.
Then at least attempt to write it in the form of a sentence, I think he means. One-word posts drive me crazy, personally.

Back