Oblivion Portals / The Emperor's Son

VirusType2

Reaction score
I'm level 25 and just started the main quest - closed up one portal no problem, but then, the fight for Kavatch, I am constantly faced with 3-10 monsters at a time. level 25ish demons from hell, and everyone is dead, so I have to fight them alone. The guards charge in there and are instantly killed. Only one guy was helping and he would get knocked unconscious almost instantly.

This is ****ing bullshit. I guess the problem is that the guards don't level up past about 22? And yet, they are carrying Rusty Iron Swords! How is that going to ****ing help? The only guy that is left - the guy that keeps getting knocked out (can't die) is fighting with no pants! What kind of shit is this? His armor must be broken?

If I didn't have 60 extra health potions from raiding this necromancer cave, I would be ****ed.

If I make a mod, it will be to make the guards level up to the same level as you - just like all the monsters.

So what should I do? Close Oblivion portals or find the amulet of kings and help the emperor's son? Do I do both or .. it seemed like if I help the king, all the portals will be closed - finishing the game. It also seems like if I do the portals, they will continue to open since I didn't use the amulet or something. I don't know. So what happens if you finish either quest? Can you continue to play the game or does the game end?

Confused!

I just did that one at level 5, and yeah, at the end I only had one guy left.. an archer. The castle was pretty intense, as i ran out of potions and all my swords were battered (im not able to repair magic stuff yet). Bit silly that the guards are so crap.

Do both. Also, if you're having trouble, get Goldbrand or another uber-sword. I'm level 33, and the sword I enchanted does 60 damage, not counting sneak bonuses.

I've got the full daedric set of armor - except for the helmet, and I've got the 2 hand deadric sword and dagger. - It's not that I'm not tough - on the contrary. I've got 99 endurance and like 97 strength. My toon is pretty bad ass, it's just nearly impossible to do anything with 10 monters constantly knocking me off balance. They were practically inside of each other. Damn I hate those lightning atronochs, their damage is huge, and they can swing far as shit.

I did manage to finish Kavach however. I was just thinking that If I would have done this mission sooner, the guards would have probably carried me through it. I thought guards were always level 24 or something, so I thought that If I would have done this mission at say - level 5, then the guards would have been kicking the shit out of the level 5 monsters, effectively doing all the work for me. Is this not the case? I just couldn't believe this retard with no pants on was all the help I had.

Anyhow, It was really ugly, but I managed to get it done. :whew:

By the way, I've heard that your stats stop at 100, unless you have a magical item equiped that makes it go higher. Is this true? I guess I'll be finding out here in a minute anyway, I'm almost level 26.

I did this at level two.
It wasn't easy though stupid guards walk in front of me when I'm fighting and then complain about me stabing them, then they start attacking me. :| ...assholes

theSteven said:
I did this at level two.
It wasn't easy though stupid guards walk in front of me when I'm fighting and then complain about me stabing them, then they start attacking me. :| ...assholes
Yea, that happend to me once, but I blocked and pressed the space bar.

Another funny thing that happened while outside of the oblivion portal. I 'fast-traveled' to the portal, and a wave of demons comes rushing out and they ignore me and start attacking my horse. My horse wasn't goin oout like some punk bitch though, he was jump kicking those fools. (Well not really jumping) It wasn't long before they killed him though. The killed my horse! I never rode that thing anyway. I thought about killing it so it would go away and stop following me around.

What kind of idiot fights demons when he's not even wearing pants!

Zeus said:
What kind of idiot fights demons when he's not even wearing pants!
This one.
screenshot855ro.jpg

screenshot846yn.jpg

Hes got a dead guy with pants laying right next to him man! That would be kick-ass AI if he would have took his buddies grieves. Not like he is going to need them anymore.

Here is me, like, "OH SHIT. I'm in for it." I think there were a couple more off-screen. LOL. WTF man. I took the screenshots to send to bethesda for a patch request, but I doubt I will. I'll just make some mods to fix everything after I finish the game.
screenshot837de.jpg

Me at level 24
screenshot825ip.jpg

forgive the quality of the images. My PC cannot handle that many monsters at once with dynamic lighting and shading. I have to use console command tlb (turn on lite brite) in order to play in areas like this on my PC. For this area, I had tried everything, I think I even have small textures and 2D trees (looks like Doom 2 lol) on in these screenshots. :bleh: (Needs new PC)

Looks like you're fighting them demons with a cardboard sword and with a guy who apparently had a busy night.

Yea. I'm frustrated. Besides shading and lighting, I even had to disable specular maps - the part of the images that makes anything look real and anything that reflects light

Lock your doors at night, I am in the market for a new PC and I don't have any money.

Haha, man that was a tough battle, but I did it at like level 5 too. A few of the fire chicks were the hardest I saw.

Level 1: All guards survived, end boss = scamp.

Oh yeah.

Unfocused said:
WOW. Your post was nearly identical to mine, except your screenshot looked a helluva lot betta. :angry:

I wasn't able to play the game yet, I must have over-looked that thread sorry for the duplicate thread
Do the main quest BTW. The Oblivion Planes are boring
Can't you do both? I find the best gear in the planes

Speaking of the difficuty in Kavatch, what reward did you get for the signet ring? At level 24 I got a light armor chest piece that had +8 str and +8 endurance. It looked cool too, but I'm heavy armor so it's weak as hell for me

I was thinking of making my next character use light armor, and that would be an awesome piece of armor for him/her. But I'm not sure If I would get that same armor if i did the quest at a low level - at level 1, that armor would be insane ya? Please tell me what you guys got as a reward for the Signet ring in Kavatch

Mine could have done a decent endurance boost (about ten points) or I could add 10 frost damage to a weapon. I of course went for the one that shot stuff.

Direwolf said:
Mine could have done a decent endurance boost (about ten points) or I could add 10 frost damage to a weapon. I of course went for the one that shot stuff.
Oh he gave you a choice? Are you sure you are talking about the same thing? The count's signet ring found in the burning castle of Kavatch? You traded that and you had a choice? Hmm.

? The guy just gives you his cuirass. Which is enchanted. That's it.

Well, I don't think you got a choice.

Ah, sorry skimmed through that post too fast. I got the Sigil Stone on that gate to do that. I did get that same cuirass though, and wore if forever because it was so awesome. :D

Direwolf said:
Ah, sorry skimmed through that post too fast. I got the Sigil Stone on that gate to do that. I did get that same cuirass though, and wore if forever because it was so awesome. :D

Sweet, so I'm definately taking my new character through there at a VERY low level so he/she can use it for even longer.

l: )

VirusType2 said:
Hes got a dead guy with pants laying right next to him man! That would be kick-ass AI if he would have took his buddies grieves.
Would you take off your dead friends pants and wear them? :|

theSteven said:
Would you take off your dead friends pants and wear them?
Well he can't exactly take them off and hand them to ya can he? Don't try to make this weird! It's no different than taking his sword to defend yourself if you don't have one... is it? :naughty:

VirusType2 said:
Well he can't exactly take them off and hand them to ya can he? Don't try to make this wierd! It's no different than taking his sword to defend yourself if you don't have one... is it? :naughty:
Thats... distrubing.

LOL
okay5wz0gh.jpg
screenshot855ro.jpg
The guy is wearing no pants! HAHAHAHA This would have been a great screenshot for the Oblivion game box cover. Look at the image quality featured here.

Yeah, I think that quest is A LOT easier if you do it early. I was level 1 when I did it, and the guards kicked the crap out of the scamps, and I just stood back taking potshots once in awhile. All of them lived, including the 3 imperial legion soldiers that come in later.

I did it at level 9/10 andit was still damn near impossible (with my wimpy argonian sneak/thief). Every guard got obliterated tootsweet, including the legion guys. Then the captain fell asleep every 2 seconds in the fight against 4 flame atronachs at the end.

Speaking of the difficuty in Kavatch, what reward did you get for the signet ring? At level 24 I got a light armor chest piece that had +8 str and +8 endurance. It looked cool too, but I'm heavy armor so it's weak as hell for me

The cuirass I got only gives +3 in both. I dread to think how pansy it is if you do it at level 1.

and :LOL:@the guy fighting in no pants...maybe that's his berserker rage.

You can imagine the preparations in the oblivion planes before the Kvatch invasion:
*kneeling demon* "What are your orders my Lord?"
".....shred their pants...."
"It will be as you command"

The Kavatch quest is nearly impossible at level 25. What you need to do is lure the enemies one by one into new "load regions" (lure them into buildings). Take them out oen by one and you'll eventually make it.

One other thing you could do is drop the difficulty all the way down & put it back at 50% when you're completed the quest.

phantomdesign said:
The Kavatch quest is nearly impossible at level 25. What you need to do is lure the enemies one by one into new "load regions" (lure them into buildings). Take them out oen by one and you'll eventually make it.

One other thing you could do is drop the difficulty all the way down & put it back at 50% when you're completed the quest.
Yea I kept having to fall back to the cathedral, some of them followed but not all. It was manageable, but was kind of crappy game play to try to go toe-to-toe with 5 or more monsters at once. I prefer one on one fights, but sometimes fighting 2 or 3 enemies at a time is fun - not 10 though! I never died but I drank at least 20 potions. It's OK though, I wasn't worried about that. I have hundreds because I very rarely had to use any until then. :)

The cuirass I got only gives +3 in both. I dread to think how pansy it is if you do it at level 1.
Oh well that sucks. I was really hoping to get a +8 str, +8 endurance piece of armor at a low level. I'll try it at like level 4 or 9 or 14 with my next character. By the way, what level where you where you got +3?
and @the guy fighting in no pants...maybe that's his berserker rage.

You can imagine the preparations in the oblivion planes before the Kvatch invasion:
*kneeling demon* "What are your orders my Lord?"
".....shred their pants...."
"It will be as you command"
lol :LOL:

Nah, he was like that ever since the second or third time I regrouped with him, I think it was a bug. Maybe he wanted to 'go commando' :O

However, in front of the portal, I was picking up all the dead guards armor and stuff to sell, and I became over-encumbered, and while dropping items, I accidentally dropped my equipped grieves and they either disappeared or fell through the ground. This was the first time I had an item disappear like that. I turned on tlb (light bright) it was gone. I was pretty disappointed that items can disappear. I didn't really care other than that because I had just saved like 2 minutes before that.

I wonder if that had anything to do with the ungrieved guard 'bug'.

I honestly don't understand why people find it so hard. I do these quests at a very high level, and I've never once had to use the difficulty slider. Of course, my strength, intelligence, agility and speed are all maxed out...

JNightshade said:
I honestly don't understand why people find it so hard. I do these quests at a very high level, and I've never once had to use the difficulty slider. Of course, my strength, intelligence, agility and speed are all maxed out...
So all the guards died pretty much instantly for you at that level? I should say, how did the guards hold up in your case? Where they any help>?

About being hard - It wasn't hard actually, it's just craZy and annoying to run around in circles trying to break their pack so I can swing my sword without getting pummeled by 5 or 10 monsters at the same time - a good way to lose 100 HP instantly. If any of the guards would have helped, than half of the monsters would have been distracted while engaging the NPC's so they wouldn't all attack me.:bounce:

I guess it just hurt my pride having to use so many potions. :dork:

I have a potion that does like 18 health points and 18 mana points a second.. Master alchemy rocks. I can just keep getting blown to pieces and still be at max health.

JNightshade said:
Haha, oldblivion ftw

Yeah.

Looks like Doom.

:/

I did this one at Level 1 (before I realised you had to sleep to level). Finished it in the first day I got the game.

The hardest part was the Castle, where what would happen, is i'd save before a Scamp fight, and end up reloading the save 14 or so times before I actually beat it.

Worth it though, got the horse :D

After the horse, I haven't touched the main quest with a ****ing 12 foot stick.

Oh well that sucks. I was really hoping to get a +8 str, +8 endurance piece of armor at a low level. I'll try it at like level 4 or 9 or 14 with my next character. By the way, what level where you where you got +3?

I can't remember....either level 9 0r 10 I think. I can't keep track of my level or stats at all.

Back