Official 360 Launch Title Lineup confirmed...

Reaction score
So here is the list of games that will be available the day you pick up your system (or aren't able to pick it up, as the case may be, thanks to carefully planned shortages):

Amped 3 (2K Sports)
Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
Condemned: Criminal Origins (Sega)
FIFA 06: Road to the World Cup (Electronic Arts)
Gun (Activision)
Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft Game Studios)
Madden NFL 06 (Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K6 (2K Sports)
NBA Live 06 (Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)
NHL 2K6 (2K Sports)
Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft Game Studios)
Peter Jackson's King Kong (Ubisoft)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft Game Studios)
Quake 4 (Activision)
Ridge Racer (Namco)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 (Electronic Arts)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)

The only titles here I would be even remotely interested in are PD0 and Condemned and maybe Kameo. The rest don't show me anything I haven't seen before and can't justify their $60 price-tag to me as such. Should at least be something here for everyone though.

Source.

VictimOfScience said:
So here is the list of games that will be available the day you pick up your system (or aren't able to pick it up, as the case may be, thanks to carefully planned shortages):

A worldwide launch is pretty ambitious and never attempted before in consoles. even japan is getting 360s by december.

How anyone can think they would have enough systems to go around is beyond me.
while many people are saying Microsoft planned not to have systems available to create a craze, I don't "buy" it.

It's possible, and isn't worth debating

Anyway they said they will continue to make them as best that they can and stores should get some more by DEC 12 i believe.

Im pretty disgusted with the Ebay scalpers I might add

Same here - PD0 being my only 'must buy', and even then i'll doubt it'll be as good as the original (online co-op is enough :)). Condemned looks pretty good and i'm insterested in Kameo. I'll probably wait for a few reviews before getting Kameo, though. Rare's last 3d Adventure on the GC was Star Fox Adventures, it looked gorgeous but was a crock a shite - a million miles away from Banjo/Conker's etc. Fingers crossed, I really want the 360 to be rare's come back (the games industry has been noticeably duller over the last few years without them being on form)

It's cerrtainly not a bad line-up by any means - better than the PS2, GC and Xbox imo. Nothing beats the N64 and Snes for launch titles :)

The problem with online co-op is that you can't kick the guy that's your partner in the nuts if he's being a jerk.:p

There are other games I want. It's just that Condemned is the big must-buy for me.

What's the big deal about Condemned? I've only heard of it through people going 'zomg condemned looks pwnsome.' :eek:

Icarusintel said:
one game certainly isn;t enough for me to spend $300 for a console

Whats with everyone complaining about the games at launch? Do you need to be able to buy 10AAA games the first day? I dont know about you but I have only been able to afford the console and 1 game whenever I pick it up. With everyone complaining about the rising costs of games and hardware I am suprised they are complaining about a lack of games to buy!

Not only that but I don't buy a system for the launch games. You know great games will be released but do you have to all be ready right away? Most great games take years to develop anyway.

I'm not singleing you out but this seems to be many peoples attitudes.

I've read some pretty bad previews of PDZ

Sulkdodds said:
What's the big deal about Condemned? I've only heard of it through people going 'zomg condemned looks pwnsome.' :eek:

Because it looks really interesting. The melee combat seems so brutal that I actually whinced when I saw the main character get hit. I'm also a big fan of darker material, which I can safely say Condemned fits into, dealing with serial killers and deranged criminals. All the videos I've seen have this tense foreboding atmosphere in every scene and it gives me goosebumps. The mannequinn scene gave me shivers.

WOW! im amazed at how much i dont care about consoles!!

PC ftw!

DrDevin said:
Whats with everyone complaining about the games at launch? Do you need to be able to buy 10AAA games the first day? I dont know about you but I have only been able to afford the console and 1 game whenever I pick it up. With everyone complaining about the rising costs of games and hardware I am suprised they are complaining about a lack of games to buy!

Not only that but I don't buy a system for the launch games. You know great games will be released but do you have to all be ready right away? Most great games take years to develop anyway.

I'm not singleing you out but this seems to be many peoples attitudes.
I'm just trying to say that the launch titles aren;t that great and there's no real reason to buy an X360 right now, but in the future there might be, especially with Gears of War coming out later on

Yes the smart thing is usually to wait until good games are out and prices drop!

ĐynastҰ said:
WOW! im amazed at how much i dont care about consoles!!

PC ftw!
Then why the hell did you enter this thread?

Annoying that DoA4 isn't release, so it looks like I'm down to PD0 and Condemned for launch, which is by no means a bad thing.

Axyon said:
Then why the hell did you enter this thread?
QFT, some people just feel they have to reveal their "opinions" on EVERYTHING tho.:p

The shortages are planned, Microsoft knows how to command attention. And try to take over.

xombine said:
The shortages are planned, Microsoft knows how to command attention. And try to take over.

How the do you know? Becuase some MS hater said so?
When did you become the insider on what MS is doing?

source?

I hate to quote myself, its almost as bad as repeating myself, and now you have made me do both
VirusType2 said:
A worldwide launch is pretty ambitious and never attempted before in consoles. even japan is getting 360s by december.

How anyone can think they would have enough systems to go around is beyond me.
while many people are saying Microsoft planned not to have systems available to create a craze, I don't "buy" it.

Anyway they said they will continue to make them as best that they can and stores should get some more by DEC 12 i believe.
Im pretty disgusted with the Ebay scalpers I might add

Back