Orgasmic .gcf browsing experience [SPOILERS]

Inanimate

Spy
Reaction score
I just opened the .gcf files and found some really cool sounds that you noticed during the game.. these include spoilers so dont listen to em if you havent played the game or if you intend to spread it to people who havent played it.

Alot of people that didnt use subtitles wondered what Barney said to Gordon as Dog lifted the wall so Gordon could get into the hole in the ground after the cityfight. For those who want to hear what Barney says about Dr. Breen, listen here :)

www.inanimate.dontexist.com/hl2/tellbreen.wav

Another sound which caught my attention was when Alyx gets into the teleporter:

www.inanimate.dontexist.com/hl2/al_woho.mp3

Barney doesnt like Lamaar :)

www.inanimate.dontexist.com/hl2/ba_headhumper.wav

And finally, what gave me goosebumps as I heard it:

www.inanimate.dontexist.com/hl2/gmanhl3.mp3

I was laughing as I realized that the person who is doing Barney´s voice is also doing Gmans voice; Mike Shapiro.. you can check out further info about him on imbd.com

I read something on the forums about opening the .gcf files for HL1 and someone had found the .bmp of the inside of Gmans briefcase. It showed a picture and some text etc.. a gun in a holster etc..

Anyone found something from HL2 briefcase?

LOL, the Barney one caught me by surprise. **** you Breen! :D

I have a feeling the alyx one is going to be used in the wrong way :rolleyes:

Wanna hear the Gmanhl3 one but im at college with no speakers :(

Go into sounds, Pull up the Overwatch file, the radio section

Then pull up "reminder100credits.wav"

"Rank leaders: Reminder- 100 sterilized credits qualifies non mechanical reproduction simulation!"

If they get 100 credits (however the CP's do) they can qualify for some.. pleasure .. time with an organic partner ;]

Hectic Glenn said:

Surely you mean in the RIGHT way? :devil: :p

Barney actually says the F word :eek:

Hectic Glenn said:
im sure all the pubeless little nerd virgins will come up with something :rolleyes:

ESRB SAID NOTHING ABOUT FOUL LANGUAGE. IT ONLY SAYS BLOOD AND INTENSE VIOLENCE. NOTHING ABOUT LANGUAGE. D:!

;] Just playing. But really, it doesn't. hehe.

Rhalle said:
Surely you mean in the RIGHT way? :devil: :p

Barney actually says the F word :eek:
I know! Cudos to VALVe!
I gotta say, Mike Shapiro is a great voice over actors. Barney's voice of course isn't as cool as the g-man, but the acting his superb!

Solver said:
GMan's voice acting is still the best ever heard.
He's a bit overdone at points, especially when he says "time" - we get it, time is a cryptic clue, really we do.

Has anyone else noticed that he now addresses Gordon as Doctor Freeman, not Mister anymore...

el Chi said:
He's a bit overdone at points, especially when he says "time" - we get it, time is a cryptic clue, really we do.

Has anyone else noticed that he now addresses Gordon as Doctor Freeman, not Mister anymore...

Well, he just likes the word time :p. I love, though, how the speech sounds absolutely weird, those elongated s, strange speeding up and slowing down, pausing in unusual places... you can't really predict his tone of speech. And the voice acting makes it sound authentic, as if he indeed has some problems speaking.

Speaking of swearing, when Breen runs off after speaking to the combine advisor, he says "Oh shit!"

Yeah i noticed the doctor thing, but I figured he was a doctor before, cause he was working at a hightech top security research lab back in blackmesa...

Sir_Shunt said:
Yeah i noticed the doctor thing, but I figured he was a doctor before, cause he was working at a hightech top security research lab back in blackmesa...
Of course he was. It says so in half-life.
I think VALVe just tried a lotta tricks to remind people that Gordon IS a doctor.

Back