paging site owners/mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Feedbag

what makes you so high and mighty as to censor our website's url? (hl2 world)

Is it because you don't know what you're doing, or you're a bunch of clowns that think we do something wrong.

Please advise, as this is a friggin' insult to the hard work we do.

If you have a problem with something, acting like that isn't the most sensible way of sorting it out. Grow up and calm down.

Originally posted by Chris_D
If you have a problem with something, acting like that isn't the most sensible way of sorting it out. Grow up and calm down.

grow up and calm down? since when do emotions eminate from a post? unless you have something to offer, i'd advise keeping YOUR mouth shut, and letting the appropriate parties give their reasons for their CHILDISH act.

Feedbag, if their censoring that site then it must be for a reason, maybe they discuss openly about stolen files or something there.

Or, how about you take it up with the relevant parties, in the mature and sensible method of e-mailing the site owner.

This thread is the best advertising your site could get.

I know what to expect there.

i'd advise keeping YOUR mouth shut, and letting the appropriate parties give their reasons for their CHILDISH act.

A list of administrators and their contact details can be found here:
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showgroups.php?s=

And as someone's pointed out already, you're hardly showing a very good advertisment for all the hard work you do. I'm certainly not going there if I know the site's run by people with your attitdue.

Fenric: obviously that's what it is. and that's what I call acting childish. We're a news and community, and who are we to stop someone from having a discussion. So they want to go and BAN our site? I can GUARANTEE half the people associated with this site downloaded the friggin game or source code, but since they think they will get in trouble talking about it here, they want to also ban other sites that have OPEN DISCUSSION!?

We don't promote theft or piracy. We also don't censor, unless its something illegal being posted. HL2World is on, and continues to be on, Vivendi's Press List. We have a working relationship with Vivendi. We broke stories on the theft, and those responsible. But somehow, one or more jackasses here feel they need to censor our site. Like the people here aren't mature enough to handle free thought. Whatever.

Chris_D: Why didn't they take up something with us, if they had a problem? You'd be pissed too if people screwed with your hard work.

I like anything about HL2. And I think most of us have the leak shit..
Cool site.

Then maybe you should contact an admistrator, ask them why it has been barred and maybe, just maybe, they'll make sure it doesn't get masked anymore. Calling them jackasses won't make them do it. A bit of courtesy goes down a long way.

EDIT: Maybe it's been done accidentally, maybe it was done for a genuine reason. I don't know; the 50 or so people browsing the forums right now don't know; however the admins do so ask them. Nicely.

Originally posted by Feedbag
Fenric: obviously that's what it is. and that's what I call acting childish. We're a news and community, and who are we to stop someone from having a discussion. So they want to go and BAN our site? I can GUARANTEE half the people associated with this site downloaded the friggin game or source code, but since they think they will get in trouble talking about it here, they want to also ban other sites that have OPEN DISCUSSION!?

We don't promote theft or piracy. We also don't censor, unless its something illegal being posted. HL2World is on, and continues to be on, Vivendi's Press List. We have a working relationship with Vivendi. We broke stories on the theft, and those responsible. But somehow, one or more jackasses here feel they need to censor our site. Like the people here aren't mature enough to handle free thought. Whatever.

Chris_D: Why didn't they take up something with us, if they had a problem? You'd be pissed too if people screwed with your hard work.

why make you self look like an ass?........all you had to do was e-mail or pm one of the admins........

Originally posted by Chris_D
Then maybe you should contact an admistrator, ask them why it has been barred and maybe, just maybe, they'll make sure it doesn't get masked anymore. Calling them jackasses won't make them do it. A bit of courtesy goes down a long way.

yeah, like the courtesy to come to me if they have a problem. It's like getting stabbed in the back.

That's the last I'll say of this, unless the admin(s) responsible have anything to say.

Thanks for the cheers and jeers, we take them all, and you're all welcome to join our community. There's alot to talk about. hl2world dot com

Originally posted by Feedbag
Thanks for the cheers and jeers, we take them all, and you're all welcome to join our community. There's alot to talk about. hl2world dot com

Thanks, but no thanks.

Basically, his website's URL has been masked. If I was to type it, it would come up as www.*************. Yes, I just typed the URL. Obviously he's a bit annoyed about that so rather than expressing his problem to the administrators calmly, he goes off on one in a public forum, giving his site a bad name.

The Admins can choose to censor anything they want, if you don't like it, too bad, so just deal with it.. If you want to complain, go complain to the admins like most people have allready said x_x..

Its not a bad site, its a cool fan site. I dont know why its censored.

Nobody but the admins know why. That's why posting a discussion about it on the General forum isn't a brilliant way of getting an answer.

i read a thread where his fellow forum goers where poaching members from this site.

basicly it was

"go here were better than hl2.net, we discuss hl2 and do not censor stuff"

like a mod team using another mods forums to advertise for skinners etc.

That seems to make the most sense.
And the mods are now obligated to contact all sites on their censor list? They'd spend all day just sending out e-mail!

It's because they've openly posted spoilers, and Screenshots, from the Pre-Release. Frankly, I think the MODS have the right to do what they. Why? Because it's their site.
Get over it.

-Ghost.

//Notice: The thoughts expressed in the following post are mine and in no way represnt those Halflife2.net //Notice

I am not sure if it was your site, probably not, possible so, whatever. One new community site didn't have much content so they decided to copy and paste everything that we had on our site and everyhting that was on PHL.

This does not belong in HL2 discussion, I've moved it to the HalfLife2.Net forum.

Feedbag; if you have any genuine concerns or complaints private message an admin please, instead of taking this type of immature, unhelpful action.

If you were expecting resolution thanks to this type of post, you thought wrong. Locked.

Feedbag:- I don't know which administrator banned your website url but creating a thread making yourself look like a pratt, showing that your people skills ( I assume you're staff ) leave much to be desired and insulting our website isn't going to get it unbanned.

Perhaps if you'd of thought things through, tried to understand why it might of been banned ( advertising too much on our forums / links to warez / etc ) and constructed a mature and intelligent thread explaining the situation you might, just might of actually got the result you were looking for.

However, as things currently stand you've somewhat proven you're not up to the challenge so if HL2World would like to communicate with a member of staff / administrator then I suggest they send another person, someone who takes those important extra seconds to think before they type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back