part time mapper - looking for something to do over xmas

N

noddy101

right, i've finally got hammer working again and... now im looking for ideas for maps. I've got the christmas holidays off and im looking for something to do.

so, if any hardcore modders want someone to do a little work on the side i'd be happy to oblige. unfortunatly, my pc got wiped before i could take any screenshots of my most recent maps so all i can provide you with is a year old e-portfolio.

www.freewebs.com/noddys-mods

please take into acoount that the maps shown on that website are over a year old and i am considrably better than that now (also the screenshots where taken with a navida ge-force graphics card) still, if you've got any odd job mapping you want me to do just pm me... or reply to this post... whatever suits you best.

not to bash you, but ive seen this a million times. someone comes in claiming they want to work, but [always] say they have no samples because of a hard drive error or something along those lines and all they have left is some "old" stuff. Which indicates they aren't necessarily enthusiastic about their own work because they know they are fairly new to the design process.

and they always mention what they are presently working on (which in most cases, will get scrapped for something new -designers block-) when still it is very much work in progress showing little to no talent what so ever in terms of aesthetics or design.

god knows how many forums ive been to with the same old thing happening. some new comer to game development trying to weasel his way into a project, posting in hope somebody takes notice. :)

but again, im not bashing you. we should collaborate sometime. i can do sound work etc.

righty ho, here's a couple of screenshots then

these ones are super new so its about the limit of my capabilities :D

td_forcourt.jpg

td_forecourt0002.jpg

td_forecourt0001.jpg

td_forecourt0000.jpg

td_forecourt0006.jpg

sdk_1.jpg

sdk_2.jpg

sdk_3.jpg

there we go, probably slightly too many... but something you can really get your teeth into, and rip the poo out of :D

i like that you posted the editor shots, gives people a glimpse into your mind when you create your levels. pretty slick shots so far man. i wish i had time to get back into level design. perhaps when i get a new rig to run Gears of War I may make some for that game.

if you're at all interested you can give it a shot at Firearms:source in our affiliated dev (kind of just a little thing to get introduced to the team and see if we all get along)

if you're at all interested you can go to our forums and private message me or alternatively private message me on these forums

sounds good, just need to sort out some bugs in my computer first :D

I'm now offically on your forums :D

Good on the whole. Lighting and overlay placement (esp. graffiti) could be much improved.

sounds good, just need to sort out some bugs in my computer first :D

I'm now offically on your forums :D

cool, my name there is also shinobi so pm me or make a post, whatever works for you :)

I'll be gone for the next 2-3 days for christmas stuff

You could help me with the mod I am working on at the moment if you like. It needs to have maps with two teams like Team Fortress 2 and large open areas and spaces where resupply stations can be put where the opponent cannot get to them. If you could help with this it would be great.

Back