Pathologic and Tension

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
I am too lazy and don't have the time to copy all the relevant links, but either go to Rock Paper Shotgun or here for information regarding the games Pathologic and Tension.

The RPS articles are well worth a read on Pathologic and I have a link to a Tension video on my blog.

Just had to share it with everyone.

EDITED AND UPDATED

Tension video (NSFW) here

Discuss this video maturely please and talk about the game itself.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun on Pathologic Part 1 two and three.

Those three articles are really excellent pieces of writing regardless of whether you care about the game Pathologic itself. A great example of games journalism.

Finally I have written an article here which talks about whether games have to be fun to be good, a follow up from some points raised in the RPS articles.

*shakes fist*

I told Samon to edit in further links :mad:

First post now updated with links to all three parts of the RPS articles, Tension video and a blog entry following up from the RPS articles by myself.

No idea what to think of the game.

You control everything via mouse gestures?

Evo said:
Please use this thread and keep the discussion serious, this one has already seen too much 'zome boobies' spam
Oh I see what you did there.
<.< >.>

EDIT: Anyways the game ideas pathologic are pretty damn cool, I'd love to see some of those ideas carried over into silent hill or something. Maybe a prequel of some kind. I think it would work perfectly, don't ya think? It would be something at least a little different from that series.

No idea what to think of the game.

You control everything via mouse gestures?

That is the idea yeah, from what I have been able to gather you use your mouse movements to actually alter the game itself. It seems an interesting control method. Yes I know other games have used this kind of thing, but tied in with such a weird setting it pretty cool

pathologic looks interesting tension look like made for stoned people,and why so many naked woman?

Looks more like naked Painkiller with mouse gestures.

I have pathologic, but i struggle to get into it. I really want to, but all it is is truging from place to place talking to random people (some of it poorly translated...).
But all the ideas in the game sound great and i really want to get to them, but its just not FUN.
I admit i have not played much of it though :p

heh I'm still waiting for you to get it and write us up a review :upstare:.

Well my PC is currently fooked so I am going to have to be playing it on my laptop...which will be interesting. May start it tonight or tomorow :D

I have pathologic, but i struggle to get into it. I really want to, but all it is is truging from place to place talking to random people (some of it poorly translated...).
But all the ideas in the game sound great and i really want to get to them, but its just not FUN.
I admit i have not played much of it though :p

Read

I like these blog entries you put up, I didnt agree at first but you have persuaded me :D. I'll be looking for your review, cause I'll never waste a dollar on that piece of shit ;). Anyways the ideas of pathologic are great, and ever since I read those RPS articles all I can think about is that these ideas would work perfectly for a silent hill prequel or something.

I like these blog entries you put up, I didnt agree at first but you have persuaded me :D. I'll be looking for your review, cause I'll never waste a dollar on that piece of shit ;). Anyways the ideas of pathologic are great, and ever since I read those RPS articles all I can think about is that these ideas would work perfectly for a silent hill prequel or something.

:D

I've only had the chance to play for half-hour or so and my first impressions was just the word 'brown' it seems interesting, dunno how the review will turn out though :p

Back