PC Beta Sept. 29th, 27th with Origin pre-order

this is probably a good thing for me - i'm level 25, have unlocked quite a fair bit and have 13 hours of game time, which for one single map isn't really that healthy. it was on my mind to put the game down anyway, this is now a good reason to.
Well, that makes me feel kind of bad since I was like level 35 with 23 hours played when the beta ended. A lot of people on my friends list were high into prestige levels already and had as much as 80 hours played in beta.

Damn that beta went over fast, I didn't realize it would end so soon. /me regrets not playing more :(

As much as I loved it, it was grating on me. Not the game. Metro.

Couldnt take it any more. Not after the sweet nectar of Caspian. Damn it, I didnt read into Caspian being available on the weekend as I was too busy playing Rage and Dark Souls. Argh! Couldve tasted it again!!

And yeah, got to level 27 or so, and that was enough Beta for me, put it down thursday night.

The break will be enough for me to get it off my mind, then suddenly someone says ''Battlefield 3 is out tomorrow!'' at the office and I'll start faking symptoms and apply for the day off.

And it made me realise how I depend desperately on variety when it comes to games. I played Battlefield 3 for like 5 hours on the weekend the beta opened straight, and realised I was bored, played some F1, some Witcher 2, some Deus Ex, back to Beta again.

And I dont feel the need to race to get all the gear in this one. I dunno. Part of me isnt excited anymore because Ive played it now and that ''I need it now!!!'' feeling has almost gone, but at the same time, Caspian makes me want more.

I'm going to be as productive as possible in all areas of my life not related to BF3 over the next two weeks so that I can just pig out on Battlefield goodness for a week or two after release.

I'm going to be as productive as possible in all areas of my life not related to BF3 over the next two weeks so that I can just pig out on Battlefield goodness for a week or two after release.

Same. I have two exams that week of release, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll be studied for before release.

So the game looks/plays good? I'm really desperate for old time bf2 styled 64 player combat. I love being some random soldier in the mess of war without being absolutely critical to the team.

Don't really know anything about the game.

Long range sniping? That doesn't look like no kilometer plus to me! Also a shame that there isn't zero adjustments to really weed out the good snipers. A sniping system like in arma which better reflects reality would benefit the pros and deter the people who just want to "snipe" which typically are used to point and clicking on extremely small maps with high reflexes like CS games etc.

Also a shame that there isn't zero adjustments to really weed out the good snipers.
I mean, technically, being able to zero your gun would only make it easier, since currently you have to compensate for the drop every time.

And it would be dumb in a BF game.

It seems the bullet drop is way exaggerated anyway. That heavy calibre at that relatively short distance? No way it would drop that much.

Which is fine for a BF2 game, it's about gameplay over realism.

Edit: Except the fact that it looks like the hitboxes are scaled for distance. That's stupid bullshit. They only do this because it's going to release on consoles, and it's pretty hard to aim precisely at small targets on a tv screen.

I think what unozero meant to say was, gun zeroing, which belongs in ArmA due to that game's nature, doesn't belong as a feature in a Battlefield game.

less than two weeks for europe, but i'm at my girlfriends the week it releases, so no bf2 for me until monday night. that is, however, a good incentive to do loads of work on my dissertation that week so that the next week can be pretty lax.

got this horrible feeling i won't be sleeping until tuesday afternoon

Back