Peggle Extreme is Now Free

AciD

Reaction score
Christmas present from Valve - Peggle Extreme is now free for everyone!

Peggle Extreme delivers fast-paced puzzle action that combines elements of pinball and pachinko to create a truly unique game experience. As with the original Peggle, Peggle Extreme requires players to fire a metallic silver ball from the top of the screen, relying on gravity to propel the ball downwards while ricocheting off orange and blue "pegs". The goal is to clear all the orange pegs from the screen before running out of balls. A moving "bucket" at the bottom of the screen offers free balls, while green power-up and purple "bonus multiplier" pegs provide additional twists. Peggle Extreme features one power-up in the form of Bjorn the Unicorn, whose special takes the form of a "super-guide" sighting capability which enables players to see where there next shot will go beyond one or two initial bounces.

You can install it via this link.

thankyou acid for the most detailed description of Peggle evar :cheese:

Got this already with the Orange Box. It was what made me buy Peggle Deluxe.

Wait. I downloaded it and played it. After a few levels I got the "Mission Accomplished - want more? Buy original Peggle." That wasn't any different from the demo I played a few months before.

I did get this upon starting the game, though:

pegmw9.jpg

I had to type "exit" to close it and click on the "X" in the window beneath it to get a question "do you want to start peggle extreme?". Maybe that error made the game deny access to the full game or something.

Wait. I downloaded it and played it. After a few levels I got the "Mission Accomplished - want more? Buy original Peggle." That wasn't any different from the demo I played a few months before.

I did get this upon starting the game, though:

pegmw9.jpg

I had to type "exit" to close it and click on the "X" in the window beneath it to get a question "do you want to start peggle extreme?". Maybe that error made the game deny access to the full game or something.

HEY!
That means that this is demo.

I just realized, if I bought Orange Box it means I own it already but I haven't noticed that it's not on my games list. Why is that?

This has been free since the release of Portal: First Slice if you had an Nvidia card...

It was free with the Orange Box when it first came out!

Peggle Deluxe is a lot better, but Extreme will get your addiction started at least.

Yay!
I was going to get this with the Valve Complete Pack on wednesday, but now I don't have to!
I've always liked Peggle. :p

I deleted the local game content and then manually deleted the files remaining and then downloaded the game again. No error this time.

10 levels again. Want more? Buy original Peggle. Wat.

How is this different from the demo?

I was real excited to hear this, so I quickly logged in and grabbed it. After waiting for it to download, loading up, and playing through, I hit the end screen. Then I remember I already owned this.

**** sake.

Sooo addictive i've completed adventure and 4/5 challanges and i've not tried duel yet but very very addictive, i'm definately gonna fall in and buy peggle deluxe :)

and
Yay!
I was going to get this with the Valve Complete Pack on wednesday, but now I don't have to!
I've always liked Peggle. :p

So you was gonna buy Valve complete just for peggle extreme?

I was real excited to hear this, so I quickly logged in and grabbed it. After waiting for it to download, loading up, and playing through, I hit the end screen. Then I remember I already owned this.

**** sake.
I did the same thing.

Wah wahhhhh. :bonce:

This is nothing new, yeah - it was available with the Orange Box, and also with that Nvidia offer.

i love this. i've cleared everything and now i'm just trying to beat my records but i dont think peggle deluxe will be that good just because peggle extreme features valve characters. :|

Back