Penumbra: Overture crashing!

Drackard

Tank
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I believe I'm right at the end of Overture as I'm at the door in the Incinerator room which takes you to another loading screen. The problem is, when I go through this door, it loads for about a second and then crashes to Desktop.

I've done a bit of research and people suggested manually installing the latest patch, which I did to no avail. I've verified the game cache, which downloads a few new files, but this doesn't work either.

I'd rather avoid having to re-install it, so thought I'd check here to see if anyone else has had this issue and has a fix for it? I'm aware I could continue looking for fixes, but knowing my luck I'd come across a spoiler and ruin it all for myself.

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S. It's from the collection on Steam, if that helps.

*EDIT*

So I sucked it up and continued searching and came across the following thread on the Fictional forums; http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3546.html.

Another user has a direct link to a fixed .exe, which has done the job so I can carry on :D

*EDIT EDIT*

So I just finished it and absolutely shit myself. Nice. Onwards to the next in the series!

lol i was about to tell you to just watch the ending via youtube, b/c there's no more than 60 more seconds of gameplay after dealing with the incinerator.

the ending is epic to experience though. enjoy the sequel!

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, other than say turning on the black light in that one room was singlehandedly the most terrifying scene in any videogame I've ever played.

Back