Person dies for Wii

Dumb Dude

Spy
Reaction score
Don't know if this was posted before or not, but that sucks doesn't it?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/13/water.intox.ap/index.html

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- A woman who competed in a radio station's contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the bathroom died of water intoxication, the coroner's office said Saturday.

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her suburban Rancho Cordova home hours after taking part in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.

That's got to be one of the lamest ways to die :(

Plane crash > water poisoning

One person is nothing compared to the countless others who perished during the PS3 launch. Massive rioting and shootings are a lot worse then one death and a bunch of idiots who break their TVs.

Holy shit best cause of death ever.

But honestly, they really should have checked with a doctor before starting this kind of contest to see if it would be harmful. It's like throwing turkeys out of planes; now they're open to all manner of lawsuit.

Also, you can OD on any substance, including water, as long as the concentration is high enough. So don't try this at home.

"Hold Your Wee for a Wii" . That copywriter has a future , i tell you!

But yeah , stupid.

What an absolutely retarded idea for a competition. What sucks the most is that woman was doing it for her kids.

Hey guys, anyone want a 360? All you gotta do is jab at a live toaster with a metal fork as many times as possible, highest scorer wins!

Wow, she died for what seems to be a mediocre console.

That really sucks.
RIP.

I feel really sorry for her, I mean, the amount of people who have died over games from stupid reasons like not eating or sleeping, this person entered a competition not knowing the damages of what it could do. That really sucks.

One person is nothing compared to the countless others who perished during the PS3 launch. Massive rioting and shootings are a lot worse then one death and a bunch of idiots who break their TVs.

Too true...

That is really bad. The only ones responsible though are the radio station as it was their competition. You have to be really careful with drinking lots of water, this sort of thing occurs a lot during heatwaves.

LMFAO

GAMES MAKE PEOPLE NOT GO TO THE BATHROOM BECAUSE THEY ARE TO EMERSED IN THEM>>>!!!

no they train them to make suicides to let chidren whiout parents so they raise in the streets and becomes criminals

Somehow someone related this to the PS3, amazing, now the PS3 bashing can continue in this thread...

Haven't we discussed water poisoning here on this forum before? Who'd have thought those useless ramblings could save lives.

We're super heroes guys, whether you want to admit it or not.

Haven't we discussed water poisoning here on this forum before? Who'd have thought those useless ramblings could save lives.

We're super heroes guys, whether you want to admit it or not.

Ermmm...whose life did you "save" ? Last time I checked she DIED.

:p

I thought everyone knew that too much water can kill you, so why was this radio station promoting stupid acts in the first place?

i thought it had to be stupidly big amounts though, i wouldn't call 4 pints of water at half a pint every 15 mins a rediculous quantity

What an absolutely retarded idea for a competition. What sucks the most is that woman was doing it for her kids.

Hey guys, anyone want a 360? All you gotta do is jab at a live toaster with a metal fork as many times as possible, highest scorer wins!

:cheers:

LOL

Hmmmmmmm...would you have died for a Wii.

Of course you would have. But would you die for a PS3???

Hmmmmmmm...would you have died for a Wii.

Of course you would have. But would you die for a PS3???

More so! I'd drink the water WHILE Stabbing the toaster with a fork! Then if I live, I have to piss in the "On" toaster.

i thought it had to be stupidly big amounts though, i wouldn't call 4 pints of water at half a pint every 15 mins a rediculous quantity
Depending on your size, anything around 10-12 litres will kill you. Some girl in Belgium got killed due to water intoxication when a sorcerer-type crazyman tried to flush out the "evil spirits" in her by forcing her to drink loads of water.

I'll bet it sucks that her last words were probably "Man, i gotta take a piss"

This is news to me in all respects. I've never heard of water intoxication. I've always thought you'd throw up before being able to "drink too much".

Most people I know know when to stop.

Back