Personalized Recommendations - Steam Beta

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
There is a new [url="http://store.steampowered.com/news/4496/" ]Steam Beta live[/url] which allows Personalized Recommendations between you and your friends taking part in the beta.[br]
Visit the new 'Recommended For You' page in the Steam Store to find games similar to those you play and love. Steam will suggest games, help you find more content for games you already play, and remind you of items on your wishlist that are on sale.
[br]You can opt into the beta by going to the settings page in Steam and take it from there and you can provide any feedback on the [url="http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1513757" ]official forums.[/url]

Automated recommendations always suck. Do your friends actually get to recommend games though? I doesn't sound like thats what they were talking about in the quote, but your post makes it sound like it. If not, the it seems like the only useful feature is letting you know when wishlisted items go on sale.

I've signed up for the sake of it. Yeah you can recommend games to friends, but you have to recommend it to all friends, not specific ones.

why is steam just about playing games with friends, why do they never mention you can play with you're children?, programmers seem strange people with a selffish attitude.

It's recommending Fallout: New Vegas to me based on my recent purchase of... Civilization V.

That makes sense.

why is steam just about playing games with friends, why do they never mention you can play with you're children?, programmers seem strange people with a selffish attitude.

oh lol

I agree, **** friends.

I want to play with complete strangers all the time.

Well the friends list is just supposed to be a list of contacts/people do keep in contact with, same as Facebook. It's not supposed to be only friends and not family or anything. It's just a list of people to play with that happens to be called Friends.

yes and why isnt there a section to play with you're children?, why is it always about friends?
something isnt right here

yes and why isnt there a section to play with you're children?, why is it always about friends?
something isnt right here

'Friends' is just a term. They can be your friends, children, lovers, co-workers, whatever.

no thats bullshit,it seems gamers dont have family because its always add friends which is odd

nope, valve are, i am not saying you're odd because you didnt make steam , but its always about adding friends and never playing with you're family on steam , ****ing odd bro, tbh i would prefer to play someone i know in real life more than adding someone on steam thats in another country , its ****ing insane stuff man.

nope, valve are, i am not saying you're odd because you didnt make steam , but its always about adding friends and never playing with you're family on steam , ****ing odd bro

You're odd because you are getting your knickers in a twist about fukcing semantics.

no i am not , i just upset steam never include a play with family option.

i dont care, steam is odd , valve are distant people because like i said , its always about play with ****ing friends
you have to wonder if game developers play games with there children orjust prefer to play with friends, its like there ignoring there own creation, sick world.

are you saying that your family aren't your friends

do you not like them

i dont care, steam is odd , valve are distant people because like i said , its always about play with ****ing friends
you have to wonder if game developers play games with there children orjust prefer to play with friends, its like there ignoring there own creation, sick world.
But they don't really mean friends. It's just a handy and nice-sounding word they use for the contacts list. "Play with friends" sounds nice than "play with people who you have on this list of saved people to play with." What do you think they should have called the list?

But they don't really mean friends. It's just a handy and nice-sounding word they use for the contacts list. "Play with friends" sounds nice than "play with people who you have on this list of saved people to play with." What do you think they should have called the list?

I have tried to tell him the same thing, but he doesn't seem to grasp the concept of a 'friends list'. I guess he really wants a sub-division for family members.

Get a skin where it says "family" instead of "friends". Or be friends with your family members. It isn't mutually exclusive, you know?

That said, sorry for feeding even more...

you should just respect you're family more and let them play games with you , after all you created you're children with you're penis and this is the treatment they get where you select friends over them , sick world

Why are you people even arguing over this with a person who is clearly a ****ing moron and/or troll.

men just dont seem to know when there making life, rofl
there for just always want to add friends rofl

Back