Pete Postlethwaite AKA Kobayashi Dies.

Rizzo

Tank
Reaction score
He died from cancer at age 64. Rest in piece.

He's hunting T-rexes in heaven now.

RIP Pete. I promise to remember you as the guy from The Lost World and not the guy from Inception.

I will bring up the rear thinking of Friar Laurence in Romeo + Juliet.

Damnit, Postlethwaite (with his problematic name) was one of those great actors who keeps turning up all over the place and being quietly amazing. Like spotting Avon Barksdale and the director of intelligence from The Event in the same episode of House. Now the world is denied that pleasure.

I am sad to hear this. Mr Söze is also sad to hear this.

very sad news indeed.

RIP, you made Lost World what it is.

I'll always remember Postlethwaite as Sharpe's arch-enemy, Obadiah. And for his bloody name.

Yeah, tragic loss to be sure. He was excellent on Sharpe as the crazy dude who used to talk into his hat (not that I was a huge Sharp watcher), and pretty damn good in most other things. Also I thought he was good in Inception, though sadly that movie is going to be forever marked by it as a result of the role he played. RiP.

I will bring up the rear thinking of Friar Laurence in Romeo + Juliet.

Damnit, Postlethwaite (with his problematic name) was one of those great actors who keeps turning up all over the place and being quietly amazing. Like spotting Avon Barksdale and the director of intelligence from The Event in the same episode of House. Now the world is denied that pleasure.
Oh yeah, he was in that modern Romeo and Juliet movie. Forgot about that. All I could think of him in was Inception, The Lost World and The Usual Suspects but he really is just one of those faces that you see in minor roles EVERYWHERE.

Oh yeah, he was in that modern Romeo and Juliet movie. Forgot about that. All I could think of him in was Inception, The Lost World and The Usual Suspects but he really is just one of those faces that you see in minor roles EVERYWHERE.

Minor roles that he consumed. Postelthwaite was fantastic that way.

Can't believe no one's said The Town. He just rocked every role he had. I never realized he was in R&J.

Back