Pethora of new Black & White 2 Screenshots

Looks pretty cool but BaW was a dissapointment for me so i will probably skip this..

Developers: Hers the alpha of black and white 2!

Man in a suit: Black and white, whhaa... what the hell is this, this is like nothing ive ever played, this is just strange

Developers: Your right, it is like nothing youve ever played anymore, its like something noones ever played before

Man in a suit: No! No! No! People dont want to buy something new, they want to rebuy what they already played, they will never get something they arent used too.

Developers: But we want to recreate the genre and immerse players in a totally new experience

Man in a suit: No! Before I publish your game youhave to change it, now lets see, yes RTS games, all seem to have emphasis on roman soldiers in groups, Rome Total War,yes that sold! Ok, I want you to make your game exactly like that, I want to see all of your new weird things taken out and features from that put in it

Developers: But... cant you see your stifling creativity? We dont want to make something evryone has already played, we want to make something new.

Man in a suit: NO, money, money, money MONEY

I loved Black and White. Hooray for innovation.

black and white was cool until about the second mission where you started wondering what the hell is the point in this?

Well it does look pretty cool. Played the first one a bit, finally. And it wasn't half bad really.

Kristafon, B&W2 concept and development has been going on for longer than Rome: Total War. I don't really think they're "copying" anyone.

Anyone notice the graphics getting worse than in the original shots? I don't see that as a bad thing - it has to be playable after all. Just a little disappointing, that's all.

The creature designs are pretty cool. I saw it on display when I went to E3 last year. I was impressed.

Hopefully they learned from their mistakes.

I loved B&W for a while but then went off it - some annoying missions and often it was hard to teach your creature (mine used to just sleep or eat instead of performing miracles to impress)

'Put that person down and impress them'
'NO! Dont eat him! Agh, whyd you do that'
'At least put him down'
'Good, good....Ah, stupid ape!!!'

One of many conversations i had with my creature (actually many were like that)

First one was pretty cool. Hard though, never finished it. I hope this one is more like R:TW :E

that'll be awesome if it is (i doubt it)

Why do all the creatures have to be giant dumb animals?

Where's my huge hell-demon dammit?! I don't want to control some big version of a zoo animal, I want something that can cause mayhem and carnage all the while looking AWESOMELY cool. Like a pirate, why not have a giant hell pirate!

I looked through the screenshots and all I could see were gigantic animals just like the first game. I wouldn't be so dissapointed if they were mythological animals, but who thought giant zoo animals were impressive? Just my opinion though.

Rico said:
I looked through the screenshots and all I could see were gigantic animals just like the first game. I wouldn't be so dissapointed if they were mythological animals, but who thought giant zoo animals were impressive? Just my opinion though.
Come on, you get a pet monkey! Who doesn't love a pet monkey? Better yet, who doesn't love an EVIL pet monkey who devours villagers?

By the way, I heard there were less creatures this time around, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for mythological beasts. It's too bad.

Kristafon said:
Man in a suit: No! Before I publish your game youhave to change it, now lets see, yes RTS games, all seem to have emphasis on roman soldiers in groups, Rome Total War,yes that sold! Ok, I want you to make your game exactly like that, I want to see all of your new weird things taken out and features from that put in it

Developers: But... cant you see your stifling creativity? We dont want to make something evryone has already played, we want to make something new.

Man in a suit: NO, money, money, money MONEY

1: Rome Total War came out months after Black and White 2 was even announced and if you were referring to their prequel games then they were less successful than Black and White overall.

2. With Lionhead, there isn't really a man in a suit beyond Peter Molyneux. They aren't some little cowardly company, they have the freedom to make decisions themselves regardless of financial threats.

Back