Photo of the Day!

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I see the art section has now vanished but always enjoyed the Photo of the Day thread so making a new one :)

Might of posted a cpl of these before in the old thread but not much else on me right this second and want to get the thread going :)

6fsck2.jpg

33nvib4.jpg

r8fqmd.jpg

Some photos I took in Thailand and Laos! The first three are from the tropical south of Thailand, the last three are from Laos. Amazing time. More photos to come if people are willing to put up with them.

I've been lazy to learn how to use a camera properly.

I've been lazy to learn how to edit my pictures properly.

Some photos I took in Thailand and Laos! Amazing time. More photos to come if people are willing to put up with them.
Only if you make them higher res. Those are gorgeous and I would like to use some as wallpapers. :D

Not to diminish your photography, Stormy, but taking pictures of ugly racing cars is not going to cut it. Now Zephos, however, has the right idea.

Great Thailand shots, that dog looks a lot like mine!

Stormy's shots are great too.

photography thread??
photography thread.
What are you guys shooting with?
I just started to get in to Photography last year with a D5100.
I took a Picture of my dad's 5D Mk.II setup last week he's trying to start a buisness Venture with it.Weddings and Music Videos etc. He's only had the Camera for 2 months and already ammmsed a tonne of knowledge/know how with the Camera itself and how to use proper Software.
Me...I just like taking pictures of random shit haha.
42872333231419127171093.jpg

Cars are fun when they are racing around. Fun for cool action shots.

I'm shooting with...
5dmkII

24-70mm f/2.8 L
70-200mm f/2.8 L
50mm 1.4

Really wanting to get some more gear now to be honest.. been looking at the speedlite 580 ex II for a wile but its hard to know if ill get much use out of it.

15dmlgh.jpg

35ja2k7.jpg

Hey Zephos, I really liked you in The Beach. /jealousy

Not to diminish your photography, Stormy, but taking pictures of ugly racing cars is not going to cut it. Now Zephos, however, has the right idea.

sorry, but what is ''it''? i'm not particularly interested in them myself but there is no right and wrong to photography, nor is there to any creative craftmenship. rally car fans will probably appreciate those photos - in fact, you just took a shit with your pants still on by the fact that frosted has just said he enjoys one of the photos a lot. is that not ''cutting it''?

sorry, but what is ''it''? i'm not particularly interested in them myself but there is no right and wrong to photography, nor is there to any creative craftmenship. rally car fans will probably appreciate those photos - in fact, you just took a shit with your pants still on by the fact that frosted has just said he enjoys one of the photos a lot. is that not ''cutting it''?

Sure there isn't, so I'm not sure where you got that from. I gave an opinion, albeit negative, and that's that. It's not as if I was insulting Stormy's skills at photography. Oh no, not at all. It's just that I'm not a fan of racing cars, and I'll most likely end up disliking any pictures taken of them, no matter how much they've been edited or who the photographer is. It may seem that I was trying to be the representative of the forum, but since I haven't been rightfully elected to that position yet, I'll have to be a bit more careful with my choice of words. To clear "it" up, I'll say only that I was expressing my own thoughts, not everybody else's. Furthermore, I encourage Stormy to continue posting racing cars. Hey, you never know. Perhaps I'll develop a... respect for them. No promises, though.

And some people like cars, although I got made fun of it in the last thread...I tried posting more people related photos.

vLJjO.jpg

tOxR6.jpg

Sure there isn't, so I'm not sure where you got that from.

the ''not going to cut it'' part was my first indication of blanket-statement snobbery.

perhaps ''not going to cut it for my tastes'' might of been a more appropriate response.

I'm not a photoist and my camera sucks but here's a pretty sunset.

ArHwEh.jpg

It may seem that I was trying to be the representative of the forum, but since I haven't been rightfully elected to that position yet, I'll have to be a bit more careful with my choice of words.

Dont Fret, I wasn't offended.

First Rally I'd been too. It happens yearly opposite my parents house so hoping it will become something we go to every year. Its really good fun.

Like I said I just got started with this in November....
38949329304906966821093.jpg

Was just checking them out recently, they sound like they'd be a lot of fun live. Also a lot of noise.

Edit: Photo's neat too.

I might be helping my dad take some fancy 5D Mk.II Video tomorrow. he got him self a crane and everything..I'll post results here if I end up going...pretty spent really long work week,

really annoyed about that shadow cast across their faces.

soxs7s.jpg

It represents the looming shadow of corporate dominance on the brow of the honest work-a-day otter.

I've done the photographings before. Here's some what I done. I'm far from a pro, however:

Sunrise:
41241_427298266675_666761675_5413610_3873773_n.jpg

Cathedral:
24540_377437286675_666761675_4168414_3069999_n.jpg

Dandelion:
31812_393141521675_666761675_4550819_8243006_n.jpg

Something's Coming:
24540_377117171675_666761675_4161281_6086149_n.jpg

Funky church I found on the way home lastnight :)

sy1is1.jpg

2lw0i8o.jpg

Few pics from london at the weekend

msztco.jpg

19qgba.jpg

256v2f4.jpg

Few other bits and bobs

oupdud.jpg

Went to Canada over new year, did some skiing and husky dog sledding. One of our best pictures of an alaskan malamute I believe.

mt1Zu.jpg

So my dad set this pool up for my niece and she hasn't been swimming in it so it's turned into a frog resevoir. All those black dots are tadpoles. Dad threw a branch in there so frogs could get out easily and whatever.

wDSLF.jpg

8IFEm.jpg

Also this thing was on the side chillin.

zTXQB.jpg

Back