Physgun is coming =]

You do know that it's in the game already right?

Physgun NOT= Gravity Gun in any form or variation.

-ironpooch

What am I missing? There's a gun with a nice blue beam you can grab all kinds of stuff with including living and dead bodies. What else did the "physgun" do?

Oh screw it. Any discussion below here will not have spoiler tags:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Granted, you don't get it until the very last level, but I don't remember the physgun doing anything that last gun doesn't do.

what can the psygun do that the gravity gun can't? pick up bodies? It has to have something different cause I noticed it doesn't launch stuff like the gravity gun.

where was they physgun shown welding? I don't remember that in any of the videos?

Ahnteis said:
What am I missing? There's a gun with a nice blue beam you can grab all kinds of stuff with including living and dead bodies. What else did the "physgun" do?

Oh screw it. Any discussion below here will not have spoiler tags:

Granted, you don't get it until the very last level, but I don't remember the physgun doing anything that last gun doesn't do.

The physgun they are talking about is the one shown at E3 2003 on the techdemo level, and the one you could use in the HL2 leak. It could pick things up, extend out, pull stuff back in to you, and if you right clicked, it would weld objects together. It was so much fun building things with it. It is not the same gun as the gravity gun which is in HL2. The one in the leak did not shoot objects - it just picked them up, moved them around, and stuck them together. =] When the announcement was made that it would not be in HL2, many were disappointed. Fortunately, it looks like we're now gonna get it back.

lol, welding? thats awesome. Could you weld together explosive barrels then launch them with the other gun? or did you just extend-drop-shoot

in the demo you were able to take watermelons and weld them to dead bodies and then proceed to shoot them in the air and then watch them crash into the ground

Koop said:
lol, welding? thats awesome. Could you weld together explosive barrels then launch them with the other gun? or did you just extend-drop-shoot

Yep. You could weld together as much stuff as you want. There was a limit to 24 weld points (I think it was 24), but some folks figured out how to get past that limit and weld as much as you want. You could build flying contraptions, bridges, etc with it. Trust me, if you have played with it you will know why we want this thing in HL2 or a HL2 mod so bad =]

Ah yea the welding gun.

That was very cool, would be fun just to have a level full of random objects and say have to build a 2 story building as best you can etc.

You could basically weld a couple of NOS tanks(modded in) to your buggy and then hit the valves and get a boost of speed while shooting combine, :E

IN THE LAST LEVELS OF HL2 YOU GET AN UPGRADED VERSION OF THE GRAVITY GUN WHICH IS SUPER POWERFULL AND CAN USE BODIES, ETC... IT JUST CAN'T WELD! ITS MORE POWERFULL THAN TEH GRAVITY GUN, IT CAN TAKE STUFF FATHER AWAY, CAN TAKE BODIES, OR WELL NEARLY DAMN ANYTHING!
sometimes you people! Not the same gun but damn close to it.

I could see it now.... A map with huge supplies of everything u need... and a contest for the save game with the most ingenious thing built...

-ironpooch

I don't care much for the Physgun's PRIMARY fire mode, but this ability to "weld" objects, or stick them together (can't weld a watermelon :LOL: ), sounds VERY fun!

I will have to "weld" two propane tanks onto a chair and prepare for blastoff!

This is one of those features that *should* have been in the game in the first place, although I can easily see why they had to take it out.

Can't wait! :cheers:

ahhh yea i remember that thing....ahahah i remember i welded like 20 barrells together lengthwise then proceeded to swing the whole damn contraption at a zombie....good times.....

haha
hang gliding gordon!!
does the flight actually work with source?????

build a rocket ship
that would be awesome
haha
except for the landing....

they might have taken it out because you could use it to make a walkway up a wall or something to someplace you arent supposed to be
its cool that they are puttting it back in though :D

i have videos of it from the beta, am i allowed to post them?

YES! FINALY!
Oh my god, this is the single greatest news since HL2 going Gold. This is going to be so damn fun just welding everything together.
I cannnnooottt wait for this :D

-Alix

is there a cheat to get the blue manipulator anywhere in the game?

badpigeon said:
The mod im working on is based on the physgun, or something similar. http://badpigeon.blogspot.com and http://mods.moddb.com/4194/
How do you know the physgun will be in the full SDK? has anyone on valves team confirmed this?

Anyways... It would be cool if they did have it in the SDK, I would hate to make it from scratch...

That sounds awesome! I had a similar idea for a mod, where a bunch of people get the gravity guns and physgun and just build stuff. Then someone said there should be a mod where 2 teams build their own forts out of materials, then duke it out. Oh, the possibilties. ;]

Clavius said:
Im sure now that the retail is released, its oke

No its not okay, its still illegal material, I am sure the mods will delete his post if he posts it.

BTW this isn't a demo you guys are talking about, its a leak, wish the mods would silence you all. :|

gooball said:
... why? ...
Iunno... I guess its a habit + I'm too lazy to set up a proper sig...

and JUST for u gooball,

-ironpooch :-D

Yeah, the physgun was awesome in the leak. I remember trying for half an hour to weld the combine guard to the matress to the table. Then fling them about...

I never realised you wled stuff together.. damn.. oh well will just have to wait till a mod arrives with it in

poseyjmac said:
is there a cheat to get the blue manipulator anywhere in the game?

Plzzzzzzz, how can I get this F****** blue manipulator before the end of the game ??? Does anyone knows ?

Sorry for my english, I'm a damn french noob :rolleyes:

Renesco said:
Plzzzzzzz, how can I get this F****** blue manipulator before the end of the game ??? Does anyone knows ?

Sorry for my english, I'm a damn french noob :rolleyes:

Alright...basically all you have to do is use the change level cheat right after you get the super manipulater.

I.E.

get manipulator ...change back to first level.....play through game with super manipulator.

very early in the game alot of things cannot be effected by the manipulator though...and picking/pushing objects like the combine APC and buggy will cuase extrem lag or a crash.

There is a savegame floating around somewhere but its pretty simple to do on your own as long as you beat the game.

Back