physics is fun

wait its a 9800? pro? isnt that like 400 worth of meat?

9800 Pro is a ripoff, 9700 Pro for 157 bucks is a much better deal....

You'r even better of with a 9700 non-pro or even a 9500 I think. Both have the same chipset and can ben over-clocked to a 9700 pro. My 9700 (non-pro) sapphire even came with a overclocking program (redline i think).

I almost bought the 9800 (i had it already in my hands) but it didn't have dual monitor support. So i went with the 9700 instead.

Edit: but wtf had this to do with physics anyway = )

all bleeding edge tech is a complete rip -off, as soon as a new version comes out it drops tremendoulsy. the price vs perforamance ratio is ridiculously horrid when it comes to bleeding edge tech

Darn I feel bad. I only have a geforce fx 5900 ultra 256MB card :(

Originally posted by thenerdguy
Darn I feel bad. I only have a geforce fx 5900 ultra 256MB card :(

misc10.jpg

:cheers:

Originally posted by ValVed RaY
if i read your specs correctly it is

:bounce: :bounce:

Don't bluff, let's hear some details!:bounce:

whats with you peeple, i gots a 800 mhz celeron, 10 GB hard-drive, geforce 4 mx 440 SE 64 MB, 384 MB ram, 52x cd drive... sigh.. i hate all you people wiht good comps, i stab you all! STAB STAB! *is confused if guinney is boy or girl because sounds girl but says boy* can someone send meh some links to overclock all my stuf a tad, I need all I can get, =)

Well all I know is that I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4200....and thats mediocer at best. It works great for Battle Feild 1942 but i'd like to have more power.

I knew I should've listened when they said Geforce MX was crap ><

i plan on upgrading to:

pentium 4 3.0 ghz
radeon9800pro 256mb
1gb pc3200ddr

in september, hopefully prices on that card will drop by then.

You people, you don't NEED the 256mb version. You will literally notice absolutely no difference. In heavy action areas, you still won't notice anything. The 9800 simply won't let your fps drop no matter what, don't spend the extra 100 bucks on nothing.

Back