Picked up this sweeeeet 6800GT :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

glHalfLife

Reaction score
Man this baby rox!

All I am missing now is sum SATA drives, and 800FSB! Oh and maybe a P4 3.2GHz (thats the next upgrade I guess!).

There's just one slight problem... I NEED HL2 NOW! :bounce: hehe

Regards

glHalfLife said:
Man this baby rox!

All I am missing now is sum SATA drives, and 800FSB! Oh and maybe a P4 3.2GHz (thats the next upgrade I guess!).

There's just one slight problem... I NEED HL2 NOW! :bounce: hehe

Regards
Awesome!

RussianEmpire said:
x800 SUCKS :E
Absolutely :rolleyes:

;) The x800 Pro sucks, x800 XT P.E. is tight.

I'd say very good move with the 6800 GT.

ailevation said:
;) The x800 Pro sucks, x800 XT P.E. is tight.

I'd say very good move with the 6800 GT.
Bet you didn't know the X800 series kicks ass when rendering a scene with a lot of geometry. ;)

DiSTuRbEd said:
It sucks so much. :rolleyes:

Do you really mean that? Because I really didn't mean that. I am a proud owner of one!

What did you upgrade from?

Get hold of Doom 3 (buy or get demo) it looks SWEET at 1600x1200. That should give you all the eye candy you need till HL2 is out.

I'm gettin' me a 6800 GT next month, I hope. Quick question though, I read somewhere about it coming with a power cable? Does it need to be hooked up to the power supply? The fan, perhaps? Atleast, the one I was looking at did.

Mitch2891 said:
What did you upgrade from?

Get hold of Doom 3 (buy or get demo) it looks SWEET at 1600x1200. That should give you all the eye candy you need till HL2 is out.

I upgraded from a Geforce Ti4200 128MB.

Doom 3 came free with the card :)

[Dragoon] said:
I'm gettin' me a 6800 GT next month, I hope. Quick question though, I read somewhere about it coming with a power cable? Does it need to be hooked up to the power supply? The fan, perhaps? Atleast, the one I was looking at did.

It has a standard power socket at the back of the card, which is like you would put into the back of a CD drive or Hard Drive etc...

DiSTuRbEd said:
It sucks so much. :rolleyes:

True, it does suck. I have one and I regret getting it every day. The 6800 GT is usually 50% faster than the X800 Pro, and in Doom 3, its 75+% faster. The 6600 GT even gives the X800 Pro a run for its money. And it is noticable, I can't even play Far Cry with 4x AA because of lag, and in Doom 3 I get down to like 5 fps when fighting the hell boss, and I only use 2x AA. Its not my system because I have an Athlon 64 3200+ and 1GB Kingston HyperX memory. The problem is not my configuration because I've formatted many times and installed all the proper drivers. The problem is the X800 Pro plain SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back