Pissed at Canadian Government

psyno said:
Be happy you have 4 idiot parites to choose from for your national government. All we have here are 2 idiot parties.

I don't know much about Canadian politics, but I do know there's an election coming up in BC. At least some of you can do something about that... And if you're indifferent, vote against Gordon Campbell for me, would you? I'm not a fan. At all. His and his parties social policies are none of my business, I realize, but untreated waste pumped out of Victoria, which they've refused to do anything about, is my concern.

~psyno, from Seattle

I did not know that. However Campbell will get in again. As the last party left this Province broke. His social policies are in fact based upon the record of the last government who saw fit too put everyone without a job on the Provincial payroll. Check our nurses out, all basically fat old whiners with no hope other than the government giving them upwards of 30 $ an hour to sit on thier arses and be cranky. Once again this provinces economy is booming as it always should be considering our placement on the Pacific Rim.

However I do not agree that we should fill a beautiful city ( Seattle ) with raw sewage. But I suspect this problem also exsisted with the previous government. It is increasingly apparent that the Social Democratics ( last government calling itself the NDP ) was in fact in the pockets of big Labour. In BC right now this current government even though called Liberal is in fact conservative. Most people here like it , love the fact that our economy is back on track etc...

CptStern said:
ya I'd hate to think voting for layton would be a throw away vote but the reality is that we have a 2 party system. I too am afraid of Harper's new world order conservative fascism (;) ) Too often I've voted liberal for fear of a conservative govt

yup...so many people i know have voted Liberal in fear of such a new world order type government the Conservatives would bring...and truthfully, despite the Liberals screwing up, people are still more afraid of the Conservatives and u know what? i don't blame them.

anyway i hope people vote for NDP even if it is a "throw away vote" because IMHO, thats better than the other two options at this point.

I guess it can't be helped that people will always vote based on nothing but their political 'role'. If you're liberal, you vote liberal (and you are obliged to fear the conservatives). It seems like clouded judgement when sometimes that vote is against the best interest of the people and the country. Our last election was last year. The sponsorship scandal is a decade old and has been talked about since 2002.

I guess it's hypocritical of me to admit that I have always been liberal as well (though I think it further proves my point of our tendencies to stick to our 'roles') even though the more 'hands off of business' conservative ideas seem more appealing now.

Styloid said:
I guess it can't be helped that people will always vote based on nothing but their political 'role'. If you're liberal, you vote liberal (and you are obliged to fear the conservatives). It seems like clouded judgement when sometimes that vote is against the best interest of the people and the country. Our last election was last year. The sponsorship scandal is a decade old and has been talked about since 2002.

hey some of the Conservative politcians have openly discussed tiered health care systems and it is only of the ideas they would implement if in power..

while nobody in my immediate family would be affected personally by tiered health care, i am still against such a system because i believe everyone deserves the same quality care and those near death should be taken as priority over others.

but we know tiered health care doesn't work like that ;)

Back