PL_RedShip by MoonQuake

MoonQuake

Reaction score
*** NEW - RedShip b18 now available! ***

New screens:

I'm looking for a 32 men server with good players that are willing to spend a few hours playing the map and record the match.
I will be creating the next RedShip video and it'll be nice action sequences featuring your server's elite in their most glorious moments.

Email me if you're interested.

MQ

Here's a video walkthrough of the map (includes info about a 20/7 server running RedShip very often):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuCsD-yU0ds

RedShip
by MoonQuake

Current version: Beta 18 (August 10th 2010)

Exclusive to RedShip:

3 types of Payload:
- Normal bomb (blows up when you reach the core of the ship)
- Remote detonated radioactive emissions cart (must be activated from the pda found in the BLU ship) Burns some RED skin for a short period of time.
- Super Sentry (fully upgradable - Much stronger)

3 Types of weather:
- Sunny day up in the sky
- Dark cloudy day
- Beautiful sunset

Destructible objectives rewarding you with extra points and time!

Special events occurring when you destroy objectives...

Easter Eggs to be found all over the map: one for each class in the game. Can you find all 9?

====== MISSION BRIEFING ======

REDSHIP is under attack!

RED: Save your crew and your ship
by defending the objectives.
Get outside and prevent the
BLU from invading the ship!
BLU: Take control of REDSHIP by
destroying key objectives
located on the ship. Make
your way inside RedShip and
get to the ship's core.
Destroy it to take commands.

BLU has prepared an assault on
RED's main sky base, "REDSHIP 450".
Their objective is to neutralize it
and all of its crew and seize it.
BLU plan on getting inside the ship
by neutralizing the cargo bay shield,
then to progress inside towards the
engine room, section by section.
Key objectives are located in each
section and destroying them will
grant access to the next section
until the engine room is reached.
If BLU succeed in destroying the Core,
they will take command of RedShip.
Will RED let them do this?

Good luck!

=========================

MORE INFORMATION:

General:

RedShip is different from a regular payload map from its objectives that must be destroyed/defended.
You have to push a cart like in any other payload map, but RedShip randomly choses 1 from 3 different types of payload. (see below)
There's also 3 different possible atmospheres for the map: a sunny day up above the clouds, a cloudy day or sunset time above the lake. They can play to your advantage depending on the class you play.
Sometimes you'll also have environmental objects to destroy that block your way or to unlock a path to help your team.

Easter eggs can also be found on the map: one for each of the 9 classes in the game. Can you find all of them?

For the BLU team:

- Objectives are marked by yellow exclamation marks in a triangle as seen on some of the screenshots. You must destroy these objectives.

- Each objective destroyed gives you 2 points and adds extra time for your team.

- The core gives you 3 points once destroyed.

- BLU cannot open locked vents to get inside RedShip unless the consoles in the CIC room (objectives) are destroyed which will permanently open them.

- Like usually, pushing the cart gives you points, and reaching a capture point will reward you with points but NOT extra time. Only objectives that have been destroyed add extra time on top of the extra points mentionned above.

Payloads:

- If the playload you must push is the RE cart (radioactive emission cart), you can activate it every 2 minutes. Once activated, the RE cart will start releasing radioactive emmisions for a short period of time. During this time, only the RED team can get hurt by it. When the RE cart is ready and can be activated again, its antenna will start blinking and a message will show on-screen. This payload will not self-destruct when arriving at the final destination, the BLU team must use it strategically to get to the Core of RedShip, then destroy the Core manually using standard firepower.

- The "assault cart" (super sentry) has a level 1 super sentry mounted on it. The super sentry cannot be upgraded, although invulnerable, can still be disabled with the use of sappers (spy). This payload will not self-destruct when arriving at the final destination, the BLU team must use it strategically to get to the Core of RedShip, then destroy the Core manually using standard firepower.

- If the payload is a normal bomb (standard self-destructive bomb), the BLU team won't get any advantage during the battle. This payload will self-destruct when arriving at the final destination. The explosion will cause a localized but very powerful detonation that will destroy the Core and any players nearby.

- Each payload type include a super dispenser. These special dispensers act as portable medical cabinet: they heal and resupply almost instantaneously. They are invulnerable.

For the RED team:

- Protect the objectives to prevent the BLU team from advancing and getting extra time.

- RedShip is in lockdown when you start a match, so you can't use the vents to get outside. Only RedShip's teleporters can get you outside unless their powerboxes are destroyed (objectives outside) which will leave your team confined but protected inside the ship. BLU will then make its way inside by destroying the shield. As the game progresses and the BLU team destroys objectives, vents will get unlocked and free to be used by both teams to get in and out of RedShip more easily.

- During stage 2, if the BLU team succeeded in capturing RedShip, the payload for the RED team will be the assault cart with a super sentry just like the one the BLU team can have.

- During stage 2, level 3 Super Sentries outside are guarding the RED spawn area. They can be sapped. If you do not have an engineer keeping an eye out for spies, your spawn area might get compromised and you could suffer a great deal of casualties and waste a lot of time.

Note:

The flamethrower does NOT damage objectives. Neither do the baseball (the bat itself does damage) and the jarate. Melee weapons, on the other hand, are very effective.

-----

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/103929
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=8349

Feel free to contact me with comments or bugs you found while playing the map with your buddies:

MoonQuake
Level Designer
hl2_moonquake(at)hotmail.com

-

It's an interesting map but some of the interiors could be TF2ified a bit more I think. The third shot in particular looks like a bastard child between HL1 and TF2.

Also, do you not think the objectives might be a tad too complicated? Are the HUD indications for everything or just the payloads?

Thanks for the feedback, ríomhaire.
I see what you mean. You should really give the map a shot to see all this "with your own eyes". Screenshots don't always give a map's details full credit. :) Each texture for this map is a custom texture or a stock TF2 one. Sometimes a TF2-ized version of an existing texture, just like it's the case for some official TF2 texture.

There's a lot of detail in the description above, but it's simple: BLU destroy the objectives marked by a icon, and RED defend them. Each payload type is clearly explained on the TV in the BLU base.

Just loadup the map and if you play all by yourself, play as BLU. You'll be able to destroy all the objectives yourself and you'll see how simple it is at its core.
There are mission objectives described on-screen via the good 'ol text system of TF2.

Give it a shot, tell me what you think. (remember playing a map all alone is not the same as when you got 12 teammates helping do things much faster. :)

MQ

Looks absolutely great looking at the screenshots, would like to give this a try. Do you know any server which runs the map?

Reminds me of Spacedout for TFC. Looks cool; I'll have to give this a try sometime. Echoing Dinnesch's question about servers running the map.

Dinnesch and Darkside: I've just released the map 2 days ago, so there aren't many servers running yet.
I'm in close relationship with the Slaughter House servers (66.151.138.60:27015) but I'm sure there are other servers that have it on rotation, most admin just grab the map and put it on their servers and don't announce it.

I'll let you guys know if there are other servers when they reveal themselves to me. :)

MQ

Looks awesome, but the objective shooting would be shitty I think. Remove it.

Nothing like giving the map a go to know for sure...

Really, PLAY the map! :)

I don't know all servers that have the map on rotation, but a 24/7 server will be up soon (if it's not already) from the 5elements community. Look for 5EGC custom servers in your servers list.

MQ

Damn Moonquake, I haven't had a chance to play the map yet but just from watching the walkthrough, this is amazing. You really went all out and I'd even say raised the bar on community maps; the map is gorgeous from a visual standpoint but the way the objectives are set up is really well done. I'll be checking for that 5elements server.

Downloading it now, if only to explore it by myself. Reminds me of the good old UT assualts. You should put in someway for BLU spies to sneak into the redship prior to taking it and hack objectives with the sappers. The map itself looks great, but the super sentry cart could do with some makeup. Also, can super sentries be captured?

Darkside: thanks. I'll keep you guys posted about any server that I know of that runs the map frequently.

ríomhaire: remember to play as BLU if you explore it by yourself or else you woon't have much to do as RED on defense :) There used to be vents open from the beginning ( for RED to come out other than through teleporters, and for spies of both teams to do some early sneaking into the base) but it proved to be chaotic. People already has to deal with enemy, new cart and objectives, so having to deal with sneaking spies also made the whole "stick together as a team" strategy very difficult to follow.

Also, you can't sap objectives. You can only destroy them.

What do you mean by "can super sentries be captured?" Can a BLU super sentry switch team for RED during a round? The answer is no. Maybe it's because you seeing a RED super sentry cart in the video confused you, but the only RED cart is the super sentry one for stage 2, when RED comes back on the ship to try and take it back. :)

MQ

Sorry. I meant to say can super sentries be sapped. I don't know where captured came from. I was probably tired when I wrote that.

Been a while since we've seen you round these parts with a map release MQ. Lookin good as always. I'll give it a run through once that 24/7 server goes up.

------------------------------
24/7 server running RedShip:
216.246.108.66:27015 5EGC.com|REDSHIP!|500FPS|HLSTATSX
------------------------------

ríomhaire: lol, ah, yes super sentries can be sapped, it pretty much disables them since they got so much HP, chances are unless some heavy is endlessly shooting at it, it won't be destroyed by the sapper.

Ennui: it's surprising that you remember me, after what, 5 years! :) Nice to see you too.
Server's up!

Meet you there!

MQ

Had a mess around in it offline. Cool map. I was wondering what exactly the Blueship was supposed to be until I saw another one flying around the skybox. Nice touch. I never really bothered with custom maps before, but I could definitely see myself playing this. Reminds me of the good old Unreal Tournament assaults.

Updated to beta 14!

Includes:
Bunch of changes and bug fixes.
Navigation inside RedShip improved.
Objectives slightly harder to destroy.
Longer spawn times for RED at stage 2.
More indication about where to go and what to do.
Many other tweaks and fixes.

Enjoy!

MQ

RedShip beta 15 just got released:

- Bug fixes with collision and cart.
- BLU ship launch vents wider and launches players a bit further.
- Better looking RE bomb pda screen
- Added a few health packs and ammo
- Made front vents hints appear more often to indicate availability to players.

Enjoy!

See you in-game!

MQ

I just gave it a try, and I must say everything looks very polished, except for 1 problem:
2wrnk42.jpg

2a8es8x.jpg

of62oy.jpg

2dhtcet.jpg

A lot of misplaced objects as you see :/
(sorry for the ugly settings, not on my good PC :p )

I think those are the Bluships flying overhead.

I sat here thinking about the name MoonQuake and just realised you did Heart of Revolters whatever it was called, on HL2DM. I can't believe how long ago that was...I played it loads with you. Long before my staff days on this site, so embarrassing!

Oh and you did the CS:S Matrix thing too. Glad to see you're still working with Source and pushing the game mode boundaries!

Dinnesch: like ríomhaire says, they are just other BLU ships.

Note sure what's wrong with image #3.

Glenn: nice to see you again. Yep, it's same old MoonQuake. You just can't stop after making 2 maps on such a great engine and tools. Also, a game like TF2 deserves people taking the time to make good maps for it.
I beleive you were part of the people fighting during the capture of the video for Revolters. The video is on youtube. It's been awhile I agree! :)

Hope you eventually give RedShip a shot and tell me what you think of it.

MQ

Oh sorry about that, They really don't look like ships:E

Very nice job on the map, I would like to join it when there are more players.

lol, yes, they are low res. ships.
Use your imagination!!! ;)

MQ

Beta 17 is now available!

- HDR
- Much better performance, especially for low-end users
- Clearer objectives printed on-screen
- Clearer and faster path to the action
- New environment: low-gravity space combat
- Visual updates and changes to the layout of some rooms
- Many bugs fixed...

Check the OP for all the details and screenshots!

See you in-game!

MQ

Beta 18 out!

A major bug was found, and many other little things tweaked.
Made some sniper and engy friendly changes.
The map won't end by itself anymore. Your server's timelimit will determine the playtime of the map.

MQ

Back