Planning to upgrade, need some help.

SpuD

Reaction score
Alright, when september comes, i am going to upgrade, the only problem is the cost, I make $7/h and I dont work all the time. This is what i want:
MSI K7N2 Delta-L - $89
AMD Barton 2800+ Retail - $198
ATI 9800 Pro 128MB Retail - $389
Viewsonic E90f+sb 19" .21 Ultra Bright - $215
Total: $891

By september i MIGHT be able to get that much, but I dont know if I would spend it all on this. I need that 19" monitor, and hopefully by September the prices will go down, im hoping the barton will be around $125-$150, if not, ill get a 2500+. The 9800 is where I feel the pain, I really want it, but i dont know if i can afford it, If i cant i might just go with a 9500. What I want to know, is there any other better options, i want to be able to run HL2 good. Do you think the prices will go down on the 9800 and the 2800? If so, how much?

My only recommendation is that if you aren't liking the 9800 prices, you might want to go for a 9700 pro, since those are decreasing in price at a nice rate. The 9700 pro really is not that far behind 9800, unless you're really into to benchmarking and are worried more about output data than real-world use.

I have alredy found your graphics card for less on Newegg

They are a very good source for things and have good service, or so I've heard. I am planning on buying all my parts from them when I get the money.

Your Motherboard is also cheaper there.

So is your Processor, cant get the link to work on the message board but look and you will find it.

Well there you go, some cheaper prices already.

The mobo would be more, it $2 cheaper, but then what about S&H

Go with newegg man, trust me. Im ordering a ton of stuff this week, 2 comps plus accessories. And if you have any trouble whatsoever, their customer service is the best of the best. And the shipping kicks ass too, and cheap prices, and a huge selection, i can go on.

Back