Play Episode Three now! (sort of)

LoL from 0:28 to 0:36 you can see the pink boxes, which means this guy is not so good.

Why would somone waste their time making somthing thats already being made, im not saying anything against the work, it just seems so futile and pointless when they could be doing somthing original.

...Just because it isn't original doesn't mean it's not worthwhile... Jesus, someone always has some negative reason why things shouldn't be made for the fun of it... Games are about fun, and I did have fun watching it... Quit bitching.

I don't know how hard it is to make this kind of maps to HL2 but I think this was very well done. Ofcourse it was not playable like HL but there were some parts which I liked. The part where the zombie disappeared behind the corner was very creepy and reminded me of some real HL stuff. The Borealis scene was also nice. I liked the idea that it was hanging there in the pit with some combine structures and also the idea that it was half inside the cave was cool. The end was also very nicely scripted.

I would recommend all of you to test it and not just watch the video :) I hope I could do that kind of maps to HL2.

The general idea reminds me of that "Codename Gordon" platformer that was released before HL2 ( doesn't seem to be on Steam anymore for some reason...), ie a fan-made game based on what promotional material was available at the time.

The general idea reminds me of that "Codename Gordon" platformer that was released before HL2 ( doesn't seem to be on Steam anymore for some reason...), ie a fan-made game based on what promotional material was available at the time.

It's still on Steam just hidden. You can install it by clicking here steam://install/92 Valve removed the store page because of a dodgy link for support on it.

ya some dude put a similar video of this mod on another thread and though it was the real thing :)

ya some dude put a similar video of this mod on another thread and though it was the real thing :)

yes, and if you look at the comments in youtube, almost everyone believes that its the real thing :) On the other hand, in this forum the video is seen as the worst thing ever and a discrace for half-life :) So there are the two extremes...

Where did you find that? I've looked before but could never see it anywhere so had to download from other site.

yes, and if you look at the comments in youtube, almost everyone believes that its the real thing :) On the other hand, in this forum the video is seen as the worst thing ever and a discrace for half-life :) So there are the two extremes...

Yup. You have youtube, who wouldn't know quality if it pounced on them and ate their face, and you have HL2.net, where everything is either Valve-level quality or dogshit.

Back