Please help, Steam messed something up

KiNG

Reaction score
errr i dl'd steam and got it working and played cs 1.6 but now i cant even open other mods it says "STEAM VFS failed to intalize"
if u knolw about this problem please help.

Well i am using steam from the time the first beta came out and i must say "No, never seen this error"

-Could be a hardware issues
-Steam issue itself, like server updates

can someone else please help this is really irritating...I CANT PLAY ANY GAMES BESIDES CS1.6!!!!!....i click on cs1.5 or dod icon and it gives me the same shit over and over "STEAM VFS failed to intailize"
WTF IS THAT SHIT?!?!?:flame:

Try reinstall/redownload/new account

i wish i could help...

Originally posted by KiNG
can someone else please help this is really irritating...I CANT PLAY ANY GAMES BESIDES CS1.6!!!!!....i click on cs1.5 or dod icon and it gives me the same shit over and over "STEAM VFS failed to intailize"
WTF IS THAT SHIT?!?!?:flame:

there is no cs 1.5 or dod in steam...that might explain it.......

but uhm, if you right click the game and goto properties and set it to always update the game then it will download the game, and after it downloads you should be able to play the game.

X wut im sayin is that since i downloaded and played steam i can no longer play any other mod not in steam, when i click on another mod's icon to get into the game or even trying to connect to a server through gamespy 3d it gives me a error message stating "STEAM VFS failed to intalize:" then another window will come up, the probram error and tells me hat hl.exe has encountered a problem and must shut down.

Originally posted by KiNG
X wut im sayin is that since i downloaded and played steam i can no longer play any other mod not in steam, when i click on another mod's icon to get into the game or even trying to connect to a server through gamespy 3d it gives me a error message stating "STEAM VFS failed to intalize:" then another window will come up, the probram error and tells me hat hl.exe has encountered a problem and must shut down.

only thing i can think of is that you have your paths messed up, check and make sure they point to the actual mod folder and not to the steam folder.

Back