Polls... not working on the front page

Wang Tang

Spy
Reaction score
Ehrm, wtf is wrong with the Polls box on the front page. It never seems to work for me, wether I use IE or Firefox doesn't matter.
I select an entry, click "Vote" and then there is this little
loading.gif
thingy below the button. That's it, nothing changes.
"View Results" yields the same behaviour.
It has been like that for a year or so, but I now need that vote. To support the Soldier cause. I FEEL A SURPRISING NEED TO EXPRESS MY SOLDIER SUPPORT ANONYMOUSLY IN FORM OF INTERNETPOLLS.
So, please fix it. Thanks :hmph:

works for me. /shrug

[edit] maybe you're running an inferior browser that doesn't support ajax objects?

I can't recreate your bug in firefox, chrome or IE :S

Is it possible it could be your end? Do you have any other similar problems on other sites?

Works fine for me. Try clearing your cookies.

Have not had this problem on other sites.
Running Win7 here, problem occurs with IE8 and FF3.5.
But it also occured on my old Vista and my old XP installation (on my laptop and my desktop), so I really don't know where it's coming from :D
I think it has to be on my end though, because otherwise there would've been more complaints I guess :|

Edit: I looked at the network traffic in firebug, and the answer I get from wp-polls.php is empty. It has to be my router which has been f***ing with me for a long time now. So thanks for your replies, now on to get some Demo kills.

WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT SOLDIER

I've got the EXACT same issue. I can run it in FF, IEtab, or IE itself. This happened on my old XP box and my newly installed Windows 7 x64 OS.

I've always had this problem too, through several reformats between vista xp and win7 plus and using IE8 Firefox and chrome. It never worked for me.

Back