Portal 2 Beta DLC - Puzzle Maker (Making, Testing & Publishing)

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score

This is footage taken from the Portal 2 Beta DLC provided to press outlets.

In this video you can see me playing with the Puzzle Maker itself (with no practice beforehand, although that is obvious!), trying out a couple of the gameplay elements, testing the map & finally publishing it to the Steam Workshop. The process is incredibly simple, the only let down being my terrible effort!

If anyone has any requests to show certain elements of the puzzle creator I haven't shown here, please let me know. More videos on the ValveTime youtube soon.

I assume you can't create Old Aperture style test chambers? Would be awesome, but not story-wise.

You can import the maps you make into Hammer, so you could make the basic design in this, then go to hammer and change all the textures, rip out some walls and build the relevant background elements around the chamber.

My god Glenn - That was a really horrible champer D= I have a couple of questions though - Can you modify the hight of the ceiling, and can you add more lights that what comes from the windows?

Can you add just art assets rather then gameplay assets? Lights / windows for example.

Back