Portal beta?

scotland1

Spy
Reaction score
I was just changing my fav game in the steam community and noticed that I could set it to Portal and TF2 but not EP2. Seeming as the TF2 beta came out a week ago, could a portal beta be soon? I don't see why not. If they just give us the demo that we all have seen being played it wouldn't really give much away.

A demo is likely.

A public beta for a single-player game a month away from release? Not happening.

Most likely not, the reason there is the TF2 beta out right now is to test out the new build of the Source engine on how it will handles thousands of different configurations and hardware, also test the stuff via SC.

Id rather play the whole ****ing thing than spoil the game mechanics weeks before the actual release.

We should be getting the preloads for Episode 2 and Portal this week or next hopefully...

I wouldn't mind a Portal Demo, maybe one short sample level, maybe a level design cut from the game, or maybe a E3 level, that is if the E3 levels aren't actual levels in the game.

I don't think they've ever demo'd a single-player game... HL2, Ep1, nothin'. Much though I'd love a Portal demo, it doesn't seem at all likely.

They demo'd HL2, but after release.

It's not likely that we'll get to play Portal in any way until October 10th

I played the HL1 demo (Uplink) before I played HL1.

I got all depressed when I realized that after all that the Gargantua was going to crush me. :(

They wouldn't release the full game in beta form simply because it's a puzzle game and completing the puzzles before the game is released would seem rather silly. :p

I used to love demos. The only demo in recent years I feel like I got any mileage out of was BF2 :p

The OP4 demo was the first bit of HL I ever played and it scared the crap out of me. I think it scared me more than any game had before (But that title now resides with Silent Hill 2). I loved it.

Back