Portal: hl2.exe applacation error

helpless

Reaction score
So far i haven't found anyone with my same problem. Half life 2 works fine. I've almost beat the whole thing, and I've never had really any problems with it. Now I play portal and it works fine and seems to run faster than hl2. However, when i start a game and after the 60 second timer goes down and the first portal opens up, i receive an error message saying, "The instruction at "0x01c82bf2" referenced memory at "0x02436c58". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program. The numbers were not these numbers. I've received this error many times with different numbers. I've tried a few things but to no avail. My graphics card isn't great but it worked on hl2 so I assume that it'd work on portal. I have loads of harddrive space and easily enough ram. Can anyone help me?

I just found that I easily have the minimum requirements. 128 graphics card (directX 9.0), I think i have 2 gb ram, and lots of hard drive space.

if yes it sounds like corrupt portal script file. Verify your cache. And have you tried reinstalling it?

If no don't follow my advise and go buy it.

yes i bought it. I don't do torrents or any of that crap... my internet speed is like 256 kb per second with like 20-40kb downloads :D How do i verify my cache?

Right Click the game, properties, Local Files tab, Verify game cache.

verifyingcache.jpg

Sorry about quality.
Now every time everyone need help with Veryfing Cache I'm gonna post this.

I found the problem, though i have not fixed it. The problem is my Intel 910GL pice of $#!7 graphics card that does not work... I need to get a driver update but the update from intel is not working...

Back