Portal media and a close look at the heroin

Heroine, then. Jeez.

That is a new outfit she's wearing, is it not?

Man getting my hopes up...Thats a month old video...from e3..

Man getting my hopes up...Thats a month old video...from e3..

Is the video itself old, or do you simply mean it was taken a month ago?

If the former, I apologize. I hadn't seen it before.

I am really looking forward to the release of this game. The outfit she wears does look very different.

I think you already saw a pic of the "heroine" of Portal... but anyways, here's how she looked like in the latest GC build of the game:

img1208xw5.jpg

Yay, the PG has hands now! D:

EDIT: the main menu looks wierd. the ragdoll is using the ragdoll animation and is really only a reskin of a HL2 citizen.

Jeez, it's one month old...

wlodi: How did you get this GC picture? I don't remeber Portal media from GC 2007...

Well, Polaris - I simply took the picture when I was playing the game on the showfloor. As far as I know there weren't any official screenshots released, though.

Cool, do you have another interesting Portal shots from GC ?

Well, Polaris - I simply took the picture when I was playing the game on the showfloor. As far as I know there weren't any official screenshots released, though.

You got to play it :D. Thats awesome.

I didn't really made another screens. The thing is that the demo on GC was extremely short and it wasn't "brand-new" - it was a few steps introduction to the basics and just at the very end you were given a portal gun which is able to shot two portals, orange and blue.

Surely, it was awesome to try out the game, but I was kind of mad at myself that I already knew the whole demo level from movies I saw in the net earlier. Still, it was an unforgettable experience to play the game, it's simply mind-blowing. Doing an infinite jump was even better :D

I played on Playstation 3, I guess. Yup, Portal was shown on PS3 at EA's Booth. There was also a TF2 tent outside the GC halls at "Freestyle" area, maybe they were showing a PC version of Portal there as well? Anyway, I missed the mouse, really :D

I played on Playstation 3, I guess. Yup, Portal was shown on PS3 at EA's Booth. There was also a TF2 tent outside the GC halls at "Freestyle" area, maybe they were showing a PC version of Portal there as well? Anyway, I missed the mouse, really :D

Was it easy to play with the controller?

Was it easy to play with the controller?
Sorry for answering that late. Well, I'm generally a dedicated PC player so it was a bit strange in overall for me, the lack of mouse. Generally, it was similar to other FPS games on consoles, two analog sticks, one for moving, second for looking around. Square, triangle, etc. buttons were also used - one for jumping, the other one for catching things, something like with gravity gun. I think these two were only used, it seems that crouching was not there, but I suspect it's because it was just a demo, not the full game. The best thing was done with L2 and R2, each corresponding one of the Portal gun's colors - blue and red. It was really intuitive and easy to avoid any confusion :)

Back