Portal woman pic

simonjedi

Spy
Reaction score
i was looking round the portal steam forums and found this pic of the portal woman:

portal_lady2tn.jpg

discuss.

Isn't the Portal woman supposed to be using some kind of high-tech glasses?

...No? Pretty sure she's looked like that ever since the first screenshot we saw of her.

It's real, dekstar, I've seen it in a preview.

Wonder what happened to her funky glasses.

There goes my theory about the test subject being Mossman :p

Mossman? Valve has already stated that the woman in Portal will be a new character.

I thought they were going to change it to a male? Not that I'd care if it was male or female

stew 'em and stick 'em in a boil ...

whats this about her having weird glasses :S ?

V-Man on the reflection

Have any of you considered this: In all of the Half Life games so far you couldn't see a reflection of characters or npcs in anything! Hell, you couldn't see your own damn feet! However, suddenley once they choose a girl as the main character some forum user posts a picture of your reflection in a game that we have seen previews of already with no reflections at all. I honestley think this is a total fake.
Plus, Valve wouldn't do this sort of thing. They've never been so telling about anything of this sort, as you never even saw Shepard's dang face.
Do you honstley think Valve, one of the most enigmatic game developing companies out there, would release this picture within any of their previews this soon in development?

No, one of the last videos of Portal that was released, you could get a glimpse of the character. In the video it's just a second or two.

No, one of the last videos of Portal that was released, you could get a glimpse of the character. In the video it's just a second or two.

yeh right at the end, the vid is on gamespot. just before the devs leaves game

Have any of you considered this: In all of the Half Life games so far you couldn't see a reflection of characters or npcs in anything! Hell, you couldn't see your own damn feet! However, suddenley once they choose a girl as the main character some forum user posts a picture of your reflection in a game that we have seen previews of already with no reflections at all. I honestley think this is a total fake.
Plus, Valve wouldn't do this sort of thing. They've never been so telling about anything of this sort, as you never even saw Shepard's dang face.
Do you honstley think Valve, one of the most enigmatic game developing companies out there, would release this picture within any of their previews this soon in development?

1. Feet? You see your hands. Most FPS only have that.

2. This pic was part of a vid from E3.

3. Being able to see where you are in a 3-D portal-based puzzle game is essential, it is not howqever, in a 3-D FPS, nor a 3-D FPS with a gravity manipulation tool.

Uh - it's been known for a very long time that you'll be able to see yourself in Portal. It wasn't until recently, however, that we actually got a decent look at her face.

In the initial videos, it wasn't even a woman.

Uh - it's been known for a very long time that you'll be able to see yourself in Portal. It wasn't until recently, however, that we actually got a decent look at her face.

In the initial videos, it wasn't even a woman.

yeh it was a place holder balding man which promoted so many rumours about it be shepard

portalgirl.jpg

Interesting, she using some kind of shock-absorbers for absorbing kinetic energy from falling.

They look similar to Eli's leg.

Hmm... I wonder if it's set during the Seven Hour War?

ASHPD energy orb

Fascinating. Did you notice that the ASHPD is directly powered by an energy orb?

Maybe you'll need your reflection for parts of the game :O
You'll be able to see yourself via Portals.

I wonder if they have implemented the same sort of auto-expression feature that TF2 has.

Maybe thats Alyx's Mother? I don't recall Eli saying that he watched her die, and someone did say that Apeture was Black Mesa's rival, maybe they took her from black mesa, and that's why Eli didn't get out with her.

Stewe231, spoiler tags are your friends, use them!

Anyway, the last picture Polaris posted reminds me about the "Do you require socks to be part of your uniform?" question on www.aperturescience.com, because on some videos you can see her wearing boots.

Those shock-absorbers look painful.

portalgirl.jpg

Interesting, she using some kind of shock-absorbers for absorbing kinetic energy from falling.
When I see that I started thinking that I saw this somewhere else...
e3_Gurluas0004.jpg

e3_Gurluas0003.jpg

I want to post it on steam forums but I'll be insta banned for HL2 beta screenshots..

You, [subject name here], must be the pride of [subject hometown here].
Nice find. Probably not related story-wise, since the Assassin isn't canon, and
Aperture Science is a Black Mesa rival and thus probably not Combine-related
but cool nonetheless.

By the way, apparently narrator-computer-voice-lady is named Gladys. Gabe mentioned it in an interview recently.

You, [subject name here], must be the pride of [subject hometown here].
Nice find. Probably not related story-wise, since the Assassin isn't canon, and
Aperture Science is a Black Mesa rival and thus probably not Combine-related
but cool nonetheless.

By the way, apparently narrator-computer-voice-lady is named Gladys. Gabe mentioned it in an interview recently.
Gladys was typo, it's actually GLaDOS.
www.aperturescience.com said:
GLaDOS v1.07 (c) 1982 Aperture Science, Inc.

Back