Portal woman pic

Gladys, the character, is part of GLaDOS, the computer system.

Really? Even in the review from magazine Score she was called GLaDOS.

Hmmh. Guess so, then. I can't figure out how they would've misheard "dos" as "dys" - they're two entirely different sounds - but in the absence of contrary information, GLaDOS it is.

I just thought about the fact that Gordon wont ever use the portal gun.

Simply because valve does not want to make a Gordon model with proper textures and animations.

I just thought about the fact that Gordon wont ever use the portal gun.

Simply because valve does not want to make a Gordon model with proper textures and animations.

maybe you'll get the portal gun after somebody breaks gordon's glasses...then he'd just be a blur!

But then you wouldn't be able to see anything.. and the game would become so frustratingly difficult..
Kind of like Halo 3 on Legendary with every skull enabled.

I'm not sure, but I think I just heard a orange box ad on NBC, with the Portal narrator saying something..

Damn headphones, should've looked earlier. ****

The girl (seen in this photo) is build together using a model's face, which is rather interesting to acknowledge.

Also, the device strapped to her legs is in fact a prosthetic that helps her absorb shock/damage.

Pratt: I noticed I have something strapped onto my legs ...

Kim: Mmm hmm ...

Pratt: What do I have strapped onto my legs?

Kim: Well, it's kind of a mystery, but the basis of it is that we want players to know that there's no fall damage in our game. So this is sort of a prosthetic that helps her absorb shock, falling several stories.

Pratt: Was there any one person that was the inspiration for that character?

Kim: (To Jeep) ... Alesia? Our face model is Alesia Glidewell ...

Pratt: ... one of the team members?

Kim: ... no. Basically, we went through a local modeling agency to find someone that we were like "we like your face". She was our model, basically both in body structure and her face. As far as the leg components, we just kind of came up with them.

Portal Interview

Yeah I just read that. Pretty interesting. They talk about what they did at digipen and stuff.

Back