Possible EP3 Advisor code in EP2.

Reaction score
Interesting... maybe it could be a model for mini-boss fights?

1. This is extremely old.
2. Episode Two originally had a fight scene with Combine Advisor(s).

That looks sweet, I would love for VALVe to design the Combine Advisor similar to that, but with better movements and animations, of course.

That combine advisor scares the crap out of me. It's like a bug, I can't stand it.

I do hope our encounters with them will be similar to that,hah but faster. It would be like going up against yourself with the gravity gun. The thing i still don't get is why Valve put a verse of that poem in the code.

about the poem - I got this from wikipedia - 'The Demolished Man is an American science fiction police procedural novel set in a future where telepathy is common, although much of its effectiveness is derived from one individual having greater telepathic skill than another.'
also:
'To further conceal his intentions, Reich visits a songwriter who teaches him a deceptively simple jingle that proves to be an earworm, so persistent and involving, that it blocks most Espers from properly controlling Reich's mind'

probably just a little nod from the coders as to the inspiration of the advisors, and the future battles.
So there are two clues in that - we will probably be given something that disables some or most of the advisors telepathic abilities (hence the fact they cannot pin you to the wall and make you into brain soup) - and their abilities are far advanced to anything human technology posesses.

Back